LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

The ones I got were something like these but a different brand. They were the black pods with the angle on them so when you mount them flush, they're aimed downward which I like.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpena-77003-UtilityLite-LED/dp/B00D1SWESY/ref=sr_1_83?ie=UTF8&qid=1483621621&sr=8-83&keywords=truck+bed+lighting

Thanks for the info. The lights look great. Need to do something to mine.

I am trying to figure out how to have a switch in the bed of the truck.

I do not want to have to go to the cab to turn them off and on.

Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cleaning out my garage after trading in my 2014 Silverado...found one of these plugs (no LEDs) from the GM Bed LED kit for a 2014 - 2015...if anyone interested PM me and we'll work something out to cover the cost of shipping...

attachicon.gifFile Dec 31, 6 50 11 PM.jpeg

I already found a local home for this plug.

• 2 months later...

Got my harness today, will be installing 12v light strips down the sides tomorrow. Great thread.

Hope you have better luck than I did. On my 13 I bought a kit from a guy on eBay, LED strips with adhesive on the back. Within a week in the heat they were falling off.

Hope you have better luck than I did. On my 13 I bought a kit from a guy on eBay, LED strips with adhesive on the back. Within a week in the heat they were falling off.

I've already bought the real 3M automotive strongest double side tape. I'll super Glue to the lights then use the good tape on the truck. Works a lot better than the crap the Chinese put on the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Through some digging in found the harness part number for the 2016. It is 23327843. I just ordered mine from GM Wholesale Direct, they were the only ones with reasonable shipping.

http://www.gmwholesaledirect.com/oe-gm/23327843

Hope this helps!

I was about to order this until I realized the site was trying to charge me $32 for shipping. lol

Looks like I may go through the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I figured out what the plug is on the factory wiring harness.

It's made by TE Connectivity:

Plug - 2109441

Contact - 968857

Wire Seal - 828905

Empty hole plug- 828922

http://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Customer+Drawing%7F2109441%7FA2%7Fpdf%7FEnglish%7FENG_CD_2109441_A2.pdf%7F2-2109441-4

Edited by jimmyjames008
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think I figured out what the plug is on the factory wiring harness.

It's made by TE Connectivity:

Plug - 2109441

Contact - 968857

Wire Seal - 828905

Empty hole plug- 828922

http://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Customer+Drawing%7F2109441%7FA2%7Fpdf%7FEnglish%7FENG_CD_2109441_A2.pdf%7F2-2109441-4

You didn't happen to find the light side of the plug did you? I've been putting off finishing mine because I don't really want to cut the ends off the main harness and go directly to the leds I have.

Looks GREAT!!!!

My factory bed lights are nothing compared to these

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks man, for the price of these compared to what the dealer wanted for the factory option, I couldn't be more happier.