LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Even just a toggle switch that was wired to the battery and placed towards the back of the bed where it was convenient would work for me. I guess if I was ambitious that wouldn't be all that hard to do.

Even just a toggle switch that was wired to the battery and placed towards the back of the bed where it was convenient would work for me. I guess if I was ambitious that wouldn't be all that hard to do.

That's all I want. I don't want it to be on whenever the tailgate is down because when I haul my kayak, my tailgate is down for hours at a time. Whoever figures out what wire is the easiest to connect I'm eager to see you post it!

I was under the impression that if you got these factory installed they had their own switch in the cab next to the switch for the cargo lights. Am I wrong? Now that another month has passed, what is the cheapest place to order these from?

Sadly the cheapest way to order them that I know of is when you buy your truck lol. Its a $60 option from the factory vs $135 after the fact.

We have put a couple of these in at work.

i didnt even realize what a good option it was at the time when i orderd, but i didnt get the lights installed

I ended up buying the the plasmaglow led lights off amazon

placed them under bed rails

ran the wiring through the cab vents ( easy ) and up into the third brake light i tapped into the left and right wires of the white bulbs and spliced the ground together and tapped into the ground wire of the third brake light.

now when i press the button for the cargo light on the dash the lights come on!

Before all this I asked my dealer to, and they said "well its still a new truck we really dont know yet ......"

so it only took me like an hour and it was alot cheaper

pic below

OH!! and as for the wiring already being there for the lights ... did not see a single thing : (

unless its somewhere inside the truck behind the back panels

Thanks for your post! I installed these on my 2013. They're great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a new Sierra with the cargo bed lights and the switch does not light and the box lights do not come on. Checked the fuse and it's good. Idea's before I have to run back to the dealer? They didn't know for sure when I called them, but they said it probably wasn't the fuse.