LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Ok sounds good just gotta figure out if I really need the second set. I have a tono cover am not sure if one set will do it. I don't need it to be lit up like the 4th of July but I'd like enough light to be able to see to the front

I would say just get the second set, you can't regret having the extra light back there, but its easy to get feel like you don't have enough light. Plus the more spots that you have light coming from the better. You could need something from the front and the light could be blocked by something in the bed thats between the lights in the rear and the object you need.

I know I'm glad I added a second set! 1 set was enough when I still had the bare bed and the light reflected very well off of the white diamond painted bed but after any liner is placed in the bed, the extra light helps alot

• Like 1

I would say just get the second set, you can't regret having the extra light back there, but its easy to get feel like you don't have enough light. Plus the more spots that you have light coming from the better. You could need something from the front and the light could be blocked by something in the bed thats between the lights in the rear and the object you need.

I know I'm glad I added a second set! 1 set was enough when I still had the bare bed and the light reflected very well off of the white diamond painted bed but after any liner is placed in the bed, the extra light helps alot

Thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll order the second set here soon first set should be here by the end of the week along with my kicker audio upgrade!

• Like 1

Has anybody tried wiring led cargo lights to brake lights while still leaving them on switch in cab? Is it possible or even to add a switch at rear of truck to turn them all on

Has anybody tried wiring led cargo lights to brake lights while still leaving them on switch in cab? Is it possible or even to add a switch at rear of truck to turn them all on

My question would be "Why"? I would not wire up lights to have 2 power sources... but I don't understand the reason for power from brake lights...

Well, I added the second set yesterday.

Noticed a couple of items. I ended up having to mount them slightly lower than the factory lights due to drill bit access to the bed wall. The rail prevented me from drilling as high as I wanted to. I used the provided inserts rather than just throwing a couple of sheet metal screws in there. That was most of the work. They work fine and add the light right where I want it. I have the harness plug end available if anyone needs it.

• Like 1

Well, I added the second set yesterday.

Noticed a couple of items. I ended up having to mount them slightly lower than the factory lights due to drill bit access to the bed wall. The rail prevented me from drilling as high as I wanted to. I used the provided inserts rather than just throwing a couple of sheet metal screws in there. That was most of the work. They work fine and add the light right where I want it. I have the harness plug end available if anyone needs it.

Where did you connect them to power the lights?

• 2 months later...

Here you go...

IMG_7010_zps14d0f92c.jpg

IMG_6998_zps7b396d16.jpg

IMG_6999_zpsa9b00959.jpg

IMG_7000_zps2e9527ff.jpg

IMG_7001_zpsa806b851.jpg

IMG_7003_zpsc65288dd.jpg

IMG_7004_zpsf03eaf4d.jpg

IMG_7005_zps07b40267.jpg

IMG_7006_zps17a365be.jpg

IMG_7007_zps12af73c3.jpg

IMG_7008_zps6c19c9ac.jpg

IMG_7009_zps430a86e7.jpg

:)

Block8Head,

Thank you very much for posting the instructions. They were great help! Amazing how the kit does not seem to come with the instructions.

After completing the job, I realized a couple of things:

1) I should keep the tail gate locked, for it is too easy to remove the tail light lenses.

2) I'm really liking my 2014 Silverado!

I would post pics, but I am not allowed (too new I guess). :nopity: :nonod::happysad::thumbs:

Edited by GerryLP

No Tyme, I surely would guess so. Perhaps a bad habit from my old truck.

Horacio, thanks for the heads-up. The passenger side bottom one did not want to pop out. I sprayed a little WD-40 to help it along. Luckily, I did not lose $12 today. Lol

GerryLP :cool:

Your tailgate is pretty expensive too. I advise one of these for some extra assurance.

I am not affiliated with this company or anyone who may work there or sell the product.

http://www.jimmijammer.com/product,%20gk.htm

They have dealers here in NM. I'll look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

GerryLP :cool:

Edited by GerryLP