LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone gotten a 921 bulb for the cargo light that matched the under rail LEDs color? Bright White...Xenon...VLED 5k or 6k.... to name a few possibilities.

...Yes, I've been reading through the LED threads lol

Does anyone still have a spare harness available? I think I found a source, but they are back ordered 3-5 weeks... I do not have the "dummy" harness covering the plug.

http://www.x-on.com.au/DetailsPage.aspx?MFRN=TE%20Connectivity%20/%20AMP%20Brand&MFR=2109441-2&ID=seRnGIrMZT5ap8QqRzx5Vw==

Has anyone gotten a 921 bulb for the cargo light that matched the under rail LEDs color? Bright White...Xenon...VLED 5k or 6k.... to name a few possibilities.

I plan to install some in the next few days I will take some pics.

Philips Brand LED 921 bulbs, they are bright and macth well

20150910_062631.jpg

• Like 1

You do know that the bed rail lights can only be turned on when the vehicle is in neutral or in park, while driving the lights cannot be activated.

This is slightly incorrect. The lights will not operate while in any forward gear, but they will operate while the vehicle is in Reverse. I seem to recall from the '15 Sierra I had briefly that they would operate when bringing the vehicle to a stop (forward), but wasn't able to replicate that with the Silverado. I doubt there's a difference in programming as the lack of operation in forward gear is a safety thing, and may be there for Federal DOT reasons (something about white lights facing forward).

• 1 month later...

^^Thanks block8head for the instructions, just installed this kit on my 2015 HD. I found on mine it was easier to drop the spare to get to the plug in on the harness with the big hitch on the HD it was tight up in there. Got mine on ebay 75.00 shipped without instructions,, best deal I could find at the time.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I added the second set yesterday.

Noticed a couple of items. I ended up having to mount them slightly lower than the factory lights due to drill bit access to the bed wall. The rail prevented me from drilling as high as I wanted to. I used the provided inserts rather than just throwing a couple of sheet metal screws in there. That was most of the work. They work fine and add the light right where I want it. I have the harness plug end available if anyone needs it.

rmart do you still have the harness available. I would like to purchase it if you would like to get rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some aftermarket set from walmart for like 30 bucks and they worked great! i wired them to that toggle with then instead of drilling into my brand new truck i just took the plastic cap for the hauling ring slot there or whatever off and drilled a hole in it then put the toggle switch in it. It was absolutely perfect and then this way you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn the lights on while your inside the truck or something just when you get back there you flip the switch and your good to go! very happy with the results

Can you provide a photo or part number for the lights you used? I really like this setup!

rmart do you still have the harness available. I would like to purchase it if you would like to get rid of it.

Sorry loghead, that was snatched up shortly after I made it available.

R

• 4 weeks later...