LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

• 3 weeks later...

After having issues of getting the correct oem kit for my 2015 I opted to go with the kit from Xkglow. I wanted to make sure I could turn it on and off in the rear of the truck and it also has a auto timer that well shut it off.

05eb11f7b6f49f8267b628326c7b103f.jpgc3cde2dc5677dbb06eea9f0ab7ab8502.jpgdaab89ad00c41718e78e13b3dba33bce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

After having issues of getting the correct oem kit for my 2015 I opted to go with the kit from Xkglow. I wanted to make sure I could turn it on and off in the rear of the truck and it also has a auto timer that well shut it off.

05eb11f7b6f49f8267b628326c7b103f.jpgc3cde2dc5677dbb06eea9f0ab7ab8502.jpgdaab89ad00c41718e78e13b3dba33bce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey that is sweet! Where did you pick up the power source? I want to do the same thing for my Silverado.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert the cover into the harness connector? I got a set on eBay (part # 23295942) that was supposed to fit '14 - '16s but when I went to install them today I realized the plug is a 6 pin and not 8 pin as it should be. Because I purchased them 6 weeks ago eBay cant help me and the seller is no longer a registered eBay user (shocking). I can drill out the back to get the wires through but I'm not sure how to get them out of the one harness and into the correct pins on the cover without destroying them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I can't remember if I had asked or not but, would you want to sell the harness? I have a '16 and could use it. Shoot me a PM if you want to.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hey that is sweet! Where did you pick up the power source? I want to do the same thing for my Silverado.

Trailer plug has constant 12V, just T-Tap at the rear of the harness.

a9d74a877ac4cfe7835094a25cb5a0d7.jpg

Edited by TheTunaHunter
  • Like 1

Hi all, brand new here and still catching up on the wealth of knowledge.

One question I have is...has anyone ran aftermarket under rail lights to the switch for a roof mounted light? I have a 2013 Z71 with a roof light switch but I can't imagine a situation where I would ever need a roof light, but I really want to put in under rails.

So you have the pre-wired beacon package. It's do-able, you just need to locate the beacon harness, should be accessible vial overhead console, and connect to it. Run your wires down the pillar and out to the rear of the truck. If you used a relay you could control the lights from the switch for the roof mounted light, as well as from a second switch near the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you used a relay you could control the lights from the switch for the roof mounted light, as well as from a second switch near the bed.

Not having the overhead light inside come on when I try to check on cargo while in the driver's seat would be good, being able to turn them on from the rear would certainly be even better! Gonna have to poke around and find that harness. Thanks

Installed mine today, bought this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Truck-Lighting-Toyota-Nissan/dp/B00R11TCR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457317498&sr=1-1&keywords=Large+Truck+Bed+Lighting+Light+Kit+32+WHITE+LED+for+Chevy+Ford+Toyota+Nissan+Dodge

Drilled out the connector cover and used some spades to hook the whole thing up! Works off the interior switch now. Much more light than the OEM kit that had come on my Sierra.

Installed mine today, bought this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Truck-Lighting-Toyota-Nissan/dp/B00R11TCR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457317498&sr=1-1&keywords=Large+Truck+Bed+Lighting+Light+Kit+32+WHITE+LED+for+Chevy+Ford+Toyota+Nissan+Dodge

Drilled out the connector cover and used some spades to hook the whole thing up! Works off the interior switch now. Much more light than the OEM kit that had come on my Sierra.

How did you mount these lights?

I'm in the process of doing something like this but I don't know how I want to mount them but I want to hide the lights.

Any suggestions?

I will be using the factory harness to connect this to the cargo lights

How did you mount these lights?

I'm in the process of doing something like this but I don't know how I want to mount them but I want to hide the lights.

Any suggestions?

I will be using the factory harness to connect this to the cargo lights

They have self adhesive backing, I stuck 'em under the bed tops.

They have self adhesive backing, I stuck 'em under the bed tops.

What effect will the summer heat have on the adhesive? We tend to get triple digits during the summer, out here.