LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

I'll save the $30 on the plug and make my own. Not hard to do at all and it'll do the same thing. I'm the only one that would know.

Even with the factory harness you're going to have to modify the ends to accommodate aftermarket LED's.

I just got my 2016 harness in the mail and I can't figure out where to plug it in. I got under the truck and don't see a dummy 6 pin cover like the 2016s should have. Can someone with a 2016 harness share a pic of where it plugs in under the truck.

Much appreciated!

Edit: Please disregard. I figured it out. Not sure what I was looking for, the plug was right in my face.

Edited by Mille170
  • Like 1

I bought the female ends and cut off the red plastic on the ends. I had to drill the plug and clearance it to fit the female ends. Ran it through the plug and soldered the ends on.

EBEABEDC-90B8-464E-96B9-8D579C909C9F_zps

11F467F7-4669-457F-B94A-F9043FC351EB_zps

The main lead from the plug is appx 8" long. Since the box is on the drivers side, I made that side a little shorter. I made it longer so I can trim it to fit tomorrow. The drivers side is 7.5' and the pass side is 10.5'. I soldered all the wires together, electrical taped them and then used heat shrink. I globbed silicone in the plug end and its drying now. Tomorrow I'll clean it up and have wire loom to cover it all with.

74BE6B7B-2AE8-4413-9DC4-6C14B3C014F7_zps

Not bad for less than an hours work.

Edited by cbrsilv15

• 3 months later...

I will be posting a plug left over from my second set in the for sale forum. I purchased 2 set and don't need the second plug. It has a couple feet of wire so you can wire up some custom lights and utilize the switch inside the cab.

I know you posted a while ago, but do you still have the plug?

Edited by CA2016LTZ

• 3 weeks later...

H

I just got my 2016 harness in the mail and I can't figure out where to plug it in. I got under the truck and don't see a dummy 6 pin cover like the 2016s should have. Can someone with a 2016 harness share a pic of where it plugs in under the truck.

Much appreciated!

Edit: Please disregard. I figured it out. Not sure what I was looking for, the plug was right in my face.

Hello new to the forum. I bought a 2016 Silverado HC and the bed lighting from GM part# 23295942. I went under the truck and found the junction box with all the connectors I pulled out the dummy connector (the one all the way on the right closest to the spare) and trying pluggin in the lights but it doesn't fit. I stuck my finger inside and there's actually nothing inside that plug. Am I doing this correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did the same thing, lol. If you are looking at the plug that you pulled and is to the left, the plug you need is all the way on the right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

All the way to the right? According to

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/735/UI%20Bulletin%20_129b.pdf

that would make it the x400 plug which is already used by the tail lights.