LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Sorry to bear the bad news, but you bought the wrong light kit. That's for the 14-15. 16+ has a different plug.

No the 23295942 is the 6 pin one for the 2016. The one for the 14-15 is a 8 pin one. So I have the right part, just having trouble finding where the plug goes.

All the way to the right? According to

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/735/UI%20Bulletin%20_129b.pdf

that would make it the x400 plug which is already used by the tail lights.

That would be the one, if you have something plugged in there you are already wired for cargo lights. Here's some pics from mine I just took. I did mine 2 weeks ago.

post-160442-147856583464_thumb.jpg

post-160442-147856585581_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hoytshooter

That would be the one, if you have something plugged in there you are already wired for cargo lights. Here's some pics from mine I just took. I did mine 2 weeks ago.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161107_173724-picsay.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161107_174043-picsay.jpg

Thank you sir. I am going to go check what is connected in the X400 but it's def. not the cargo lights cause the only lights I have in the bed is the lights next to the middle break lights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered the OEM jumper harness, DT connectors and led strip lights and did a custom install given that my LT didn't come with the cargo lights. It turned out great. I used extruded aluminum channel to mount and secure the lights. Also, ran one strip across the center of the bed using my tonneau cover seam. It provides even more light in the front and the rotates up with the cover when opening from the back or front. I used a DT connector for the center strip so I can simply disconnect it to take the cover completely off.

post-65205-148350146522_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I ordered the OEM jumper harness, DT connectors and led strip lights and did a custom install given that my LT didn't come with the cargo lights. It turned out great. I used extruded aluminum channel to mount and secure the lights. Also, ran one strip across the center of the bed using my tonneau cover seam. It provides even more light in the front and the rotates up with the cover when opening from the back or front. I used a DT connector for the center strip so I can simply disconnect it to take the cover completely off.

attachicon.gif20161202_171301.jpg

Looks good!!

Look at all that fresh paint to scratch and scuff

• Like 2

I bought some truck bed LEDs from Autozone, 4 pods on each side, and hooked them up to the hitch harness. I just put a switch in the bed for now under the rail until I can wire them into the cargo lights with a constant so I can turn them on whenever. But for now they work great and the light output is awesome for having a black bedliner. I'll post pics later

Bed lights

Edited by 15BlueSilverado

I bought some truck bed LEDs from Autozone, 4 pods on each side, and hooked them up to the hitch harness. I just put a switch in the bed for now under the rail until I can wire them into the cargo lights with a constant so I can turn them on whenever. But for now they work great and the light output is awesome for having a black bedliner. I'll post pics later

I like that. I want to be able to turn mine off and on from the bed. I don't want to have to walk up to the cab and turn them off and on.

Just picked up my truck last week and want to put some lighting in the bed.

Which ones did you use from Autozone

Edited by Albytruck

I like that. I want to be able to turn mine off and on from the bed. I don't want to have to walk up to the cab and turn them off and on.

I paid like $25 bucks for the set and they're awesome. I'll post pics of the switch later when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I paid like $25 bucks for the set and they're awesome. I'll post pics of the switch later when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cool!! Thanks I am heading out of town tonight. so I may not respond for a few days

I got my kit GM P/N 22933562 from a guy on Ebay for $40.00 shipped. Harness, fasteners, and lights included, all new unused parts. Interesting that the kit was not shipped in the factory box. Hmmm...

Installed it, plugged it in, and it works. What else could I ask for for $40.00 ???

Thinking about buying the other one he has on Ebay right now for the same price.........

Edited by Enough

Which ones did you use from Autozone

The ones I got were something like these but a different brand. They were the black pods with the angle on them so when you mount them flush, they're aimed downward which I like.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpena-77003-UtilityLite-LED/dp/B00D1SWESY/ref=sr_1_83?ie=UTF8&qid=1483621621&sr=8-83&keywords=truck+bed+lighting

• Like 1