LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Awesome. I appreciate you sharing the pics. Where did you get them? Did you order the kit from somewhere? If so where?

Thanks.

Awesome. I appreciate you sharing the pics. Where did you get them? Did you order the kit from somewhere? If so where? Thanks.

My truck came with it but the dealer never installed since the box was hidden underneath the rear seat . They download the instruction from GM and gave it to me.. Lulz

Will these work with a GMT-900?

They should mount fine, I would think since the beds are pretty much identical. Only thing is, will they be plug and play? Look at the instructions that were posted in this thread and see if you have a junction box by your spare tire. I doubt it will have the plug connection, but you could tap onto it, I am sure for power, etc...

The photos clearly show plugging into a junction box so I'd say its plug and play.

Those instructions are for a 2014. He was asking if it would work with earlier models. So plug and play is in question unless you know for a fact that there is a connection by the spare on earlier models labelled "up" like it is for this 2014 specific accessory.

Those instructions are for a 2014. He was asking if it would work with earlier models. So plug and play is in question unless you know for a fact that there is a connection by the spare on earlier models labelled "up" like it is for this 2014 specific accessory.

My GMT-900 buss is different than the one in the photo. I can't see the labels but there is no open slot.

Do they have their own switch or are they connected to the cargo light?

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression that if you got these factory installed they had their own switch in the cab next to the switch for the cargo lights. Am I wrong? Now that another month has passed, what is the cheapest place to order these from?

The cargo light switch activates the bed LED lights as well. There is no other switch to turn them on seperately at this point. It would be nice if it were seperate if you had the bed covered per say.

I agree, wished it was somehow tied to the tail gate being opened. Hate the fact that if I want to turn it on, I have to open the truck and turn on the cargo light. There wasn't a lot of thought put into these by the GM engineers.

Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something. I'd like to see a company like Pop a lock tie it into their design. You hit the unlock button, the doors along with the tailgate unlock and you get 4-5 min of light in the bed.

Mike

• Like 1

I agree, wished it was somehow tied to the tail gate being opened. Hate the fact that if I want to turn it on, I have to open the truck and turn on the cargo light. There wasn't a lot of thought put into these by the GM engineers.

Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something. I'd like to see a company like Pop a lock tie it into their design. You hit the unlock button, the doors along with the tailgate unlock and you get 4-5 min of light in the bed.

Mike

hmm incorporate that on the harness and have it to come on when opened :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Door-Jamb-Dome-Light-Domelight-Switch-Pin-NEW-/130465113384