First Oil Change

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure my truck says it needs 0w-20.

My local Autozone has Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy. I looked it up and it is dexos certified.

M1AFE_0W20_top.gif

Yea I couldn't remember if it was 0W-20W or 0W-30W. I know Wal-Mart doesn't have it. It sucks because they are way way cheaper than Pep Boys or Advance. Wal-Mart has 5W-30W which is Dexos certified though..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My local Autozone has Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy. I looked it up and it is dexos certified.

M1AFE_0W20_top.gif

$53 for a case, and that's not enough, lol. I'm thinking of doing it myself at 1000 miles, then the next one at the dealer for free at 7500.

LOL...I was looking at Amazon at the same time as well and is the same price as Walmart for quarts but double for the price of the 5 quarts. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells the Mobile 1 Oil filter.

LOL...I was looking at Amazon at the same time as well and is the same price as Walmart for quarts but double for the price of the 5 quarts. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells the Mobile 1 Oil filter.

Yeah, I have a Prime account, so I do all my shopping there. Free two day shipping saves gas running to the store.

• 2 weeks later...

M1AFE_0W20_top.gif

I changed my oil at 1500 miles, and couldn't find a GM approved Dexos1 oil anywhere. I ended up going to the dealership, and that is the stuff they sold me. They said "We don't have any Dexos certified oil ourselves, let us know if you are able to find any anywhere. This oil is what we would use if you brought it to us for an oil change, and exceeds the Dexos requirements." I have been running on it for 2500 more miles now, with no adverse results.

Doesn't the new 5.3L hold 8 quarts now? If so oil changes on these new engines are going to be expensive. So if you take it somewhere to have the oil change we are problably looking at 100+ oil change now

Archived