2014 Toppers, Caps, Campers

Just ordered a ARE for my truck. gonna be outfitting it with a bed, and drawers, electric etc for camping. will post photos of progress. just finished putting in the BEDRUG to get her started.

Ever get this project rolling?

Went with a Jason Zone this time. Has the glass rear door with a painted skirt that covers the top[ of the tailgate. Got the carpet headliner and drop down front window from the list of free add on items.

post-162235-0-62991200-1472869324_thumb.jpg

Went with a Jason Zone this time. Has the glass rear door with a painted skirt that covers the top[ of the tailgate. Got the carpet headliner and drop down front window from the list of free add on items.

attachicon.giftruck 3 web.jpg

Looks great :thumbs: The Zone is high on my list of shells for my DC (when it finally gets here). Could you possibly take a picture of how the wiring is installed? The wiring on my old (2003) ARE is just held in place around the rear door frame with that black putty stuff, which of course is crap!

Thanks.

Have a replacement coming for this one next week. The rear door wasn't centered when it was built and the skirt rubs paint on the right side. May not show in the pic but it sits a bit higher than the roof of cab. Not sure the new one will be any better. Decision to keep the replacement or look for another brand.

Deadeye,

Thanks for the response. That installation looks a lot more professional than the one on my (admittedly old) ARE.

ARE is a lot different now than the older ones. I don't have a picture of the wiring but here is one of the inside ffd3efaf8a4e3e4210d1217b15eb6926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARE is a lot different now than the older ones. I don't have a picture of the wiring but here is one of the inside ffd3efaf8a4e3e4210d1217b15eb6926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer showed me the various LED light strips. Will probably add one to mine. There are two wires from the current light provided for additional lighting.

Anyone have the remote keyless lock system on an ARE Z topper? wonder how you like?

I have the Z series with keyless lock system. It stopped working once and the installer took the plastic guard running the full length of the back glass off and found the connection to the lock had worked it's way loose so if anyone ever has theirs stop working the first thing I would try is removing that cover just to see if anything is loose. Otherwise I really like it (dual LED strips, drop down sliding window and clothes hangers). It had to be returned on delivery due to a paint chip and some debris in the paint from the factory so I made them repaint it. I'll also say the fit isn't as perfect as I'd like it to be but my OCD is a little extreme when it comes to my truck. No cap will fit absolutely perfect and no one besides me notices the slight variances like I do.

Have a replacement coming for this one next week. The rear door wasn't centered when it was built and the skirt rubs paint on the right side. May not show in the pic but it sits a bit higher than the roof of cab. Not sure the new one will be any better. Decision to keep the replacement or look for another brand.

Any update on the replacement cap?

I have the Z series with keyless lock system. It stopped working once and the installer took the plastic guard running the full length of the back glass off and found the connection to the lock had worked it's way loose so if anyone ever has theirs stop working the first thing I would try is removing that cover just to see if anything is loose. Otherwise I really like it (dual LED strips, drop down sliding window and clothes hangers). It had to be returned on delivery due to a paint chip and some debris in the paint from the factory so I made them repaint it. I'll also say the fit isn't as perfect as I'd like it to be but my OCD is a little extreme when it comes to my truck. No cap will fit absolutely perfect and no one besides me notices the slight variances like I do.

I'm pretty OCD myself on the truck. Is yours wide to the cab and/or high to the roof of the truck?

Any update on the replacement cap?

Replacement came two weeks ago and had dirt in the trim. New trim finally showed up yesterday and I will see how it fits on Monday. Owner of the place I am buying from has been great. Offered full price refund for all the problems I've had.

If the replacement isn't a better fit, I'll likely order an ARE X series depending on the response from tenscourts above.

Originally it was off to one side but they adjusted it. It over hangs the same amount on both sides now. It still isn't flush to the front of the bed by a bit which bothers me but no one else notices it. I think it's pretty flush with the roof of the cab.

c732489c3ec059293074e91c1aa5a18f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2