2014 Toppers, Caps, Campers

I'm pretty OCD myself on the truck. Is yours wide to the cab and/or high to the roof of the truck?

Forgot to quote you in my response above but I can get you more pics or you can view my gallery. Just let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Replacement came two weeks ago and had dirt in the trim. New trim finally showed up yesterday and I will see how it fits on Monday. Owner of the place I am buying from has been great. Offered full price refund for all the problems I've had.

If the replacement isn't a better fit, I'll likely order an ARE X series depending on the response from tenscourts above.

Please keep us informed. I'm started to lean back toward the Leer 100XL. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Leer?

Replacement came two weeks ago and had dirt in the trim. New trim finally showed up yesterday and I will see how it fits on Monday. Owner of the place I am buying from has been great. Offered full price refund for all the problems I've had.

If the replacement isn't a better fit, I'll likely order an ARE X series depending on the response from tenscourts above.

My dealer was great and best price I could find as well. He said it was rare they had defects but of course mine was one of them. Everyone I've talked to said ARE was the best and I preferred the look of the Z series to any of Peer's products. I've owned a Leer tonneau cover and had no complaints but appearance wise I just preferred the Z series for a cap. No defects in my paint after it was sent back and I warned them upfront if I found anything wrong with it I wouldn't accept it.

I really like my Leer shell and have no problems so far.

Fun fact: Leer and Century are actually the same thing/company/manufacturing plant.

Mine was delayed like 8 weeks when I ordered so did some digging and called the plant itself to find out what the hold up and found this out, they even shipped my Century to the Leer seller only to be forwarded to the other guy. Canopys sales are frigging confusing and convoluted for what should be a simple thing, I could not even compare prices easily without actual legwork between the 2.

My dealer was great and best price I could find as well. He said it was rare they had defects but of course mine was one of them. Everyone I've talked to said ARE was the best and I preferred the look of the Z series to any of Peer's products. I've owned a Leer tonneau cover and had no complaints but appearance wise I just preferred the Z series for a cap. No defects in my paint after it was sent back and I warned them upfront if I found anything wrong with it I wouldn't accept it.

I had some minor defects with my Z series. Both side windows had scratches. Third brake light was installed crooked. And the rear window didn't latch properly. My dealer told me about the windows before they installed. They ordered me replacements and I just came back a couple weeks later and they fixed all my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 2 ARE and a Jason on other trucks without any issues. I'm sure the occasional problem will happen with all the brands. All one can ask for is the dealer to do his best to rectify it and the company stand behind the product they make.

Guess mine was made on a Monday or Friday

Please keep us informed. I'm started to lean back toward the Leer 100XL. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Leer?

Well based on my experience with Jason, I would look at another brand. The replacement was no better than the first. The rear door was spot on but there is a noticeable blem between the front of the cap the window. Could feel the low spot when you run your hand over it. Fit is the same, wide to the sides of the cab and high to the roof. Dealer is GREAT! Told me to keep this one until I get another. How many would do that when you are buying another brand?

Went to the ARE dealer I bought from in 2009 and ordered a CX with the frameless side windows. Owner has 2016 Silverado with that cap on his. PERFECT fit! Hope the one I ordered doesn't have issues! I didn't consider the Leer XL based on the pic from Bikemobile above. That cap sits high to the roof.

I have the same Leer topper that Alexantics has and I love mine as well. Haven't had any issues at all. Fit and finish is great!

• 1 month later...

I have the same Leer topper that Alexantics has and I love mine as well. Haven't had any issues at all. Fit and finish is great!

Finally went with the Leer XL. It had the frameless glass tail gate I wanted along with the option of solid glass WinDoors for the sides. We found on the last truck that the WinDoors were very handy for us. We went with solid glass instead of sliders because sliders leak dust, which is our biggest problem up here.

I also removed the Leer badges from the rear glass which I found obnoxiously large.

post-161467-0-41836500-1479329875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finally went with the Leer XL. It had the frameless glass tail gate I wanted along with the option of solid glass WinDoors for the sides. We found on the last truck that the WinDoors were very handy for us. We went with solid glass instead of sliders because sliders leak dust, which is our biggest problem up here.

I also removed the Leer badges from the rear glass which I found obnoxiously large.

attachicon.gifLeer Cap 6.JPG

That is a great looking shell! :cheers:

attachicon.gifLeer Cap 6.JPG

I removed the badges as well and i LOVE mine!

77902FE3-4F25-41AD-8906-5B5A51AFC734.jpg

77902FE3-4F25-41AD-8906-5B5A51AFC734.jpg

Here you go ... the back window has a lip at the bottom that covers the tailgate plastic on top, and has a complete seal around it. washed it yesterday and figured id test it out and no water made it inside as i sprayed all around the window

eharyqan.jpg

edymybeb.jpg

e2y4uqu3.jpg

ube4u6u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice.. Do the bed caps need to be removed to get these to sit right (flush with roofline)? Thanks