Temp Sensor Not Working!

My 2015 Silverado with 10k on it, today I just noticed that the temperature is stuck on 74 degrees even though it's 85 out. AC seems to work fine but the temp readout is stuck on 74, shut the truck off, came back a few hours later now my phone says it's 88 Degrees out and the temp readout still says 74. Am I going to have to spend another few hours at the dealer to resolve this?

Thought I read somewhere that there is some sort of a built in delay on restarts before it updates to the 'sensed' temperature?

Both my truck and wife's car seem to do have delayed temp update at startup - only noticeable when the starup temp is significantly different than the temp when it was shut-off.

I agree that the delay seems to be longer than necessary.

Edited by redwngr

• 4 years later...

Ugh I have a 2010 Silverado, my temperature updates and loses data displaying "---" and starting over. Any ideas what to do? I've already done the reset using circulate and AC buttons, replaced ambient sensor, and unhooked the battery. Help, is hot out here!