2014+ Parts Diagrams / Service Manual

gmc_135x26.gif

Service and Owner Information > GMC > 2014 > Sierra 2014 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra/Sierra Denali 1500 Series Service Manual Set

Price: $350.00

Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 3/17/2014.

Pkg Qty: 1

Media: Paper

Language: English

Item/Part #: GMT14CERPU

Contains Factory Authorized Service information written by General Motors. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.

It lists Paper, not CD or download. I hope it's the 3-hole punched, loose variety and not bound.

Anyone purchase a GMT-900 manual from Helm and can comment on what media form was received?

Edited by MotoMedic

• 1 month later...

Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 9/1/2014.

Grrrrr!!! They pushed the service manuals back yet another 6 months!

Edited by MotoMedic
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another resource worth checking out...

http://www.gmupfitter.com/

They have Electrical, and Body Builder manuals as well as upfitter Technical Bulletins. The Electrical manual may cover most of what you might want from the electrical section of the Service Manual...

And, at least is available for download (free) right now!

• Like 2

How good are the helm manuals? Are they worth having? I assume they just show the parts and how they are assembled not like other manuals that help in repairs and trouble shooting?

Helms manuals are a complete service manual set in the respect that a dealer would use it in troubleshooting and repair. You are not lacking in any regard. They are leaps and bounds above any Chilton or Haynes manual and worth the coin

Edited by Hootbro
  • Like 1

How good are the helm manuals? Are they worth having? I assume they just show the parts and how they are assembled not like other manuals that help in repairs and trouble shooting?

They are extremely detailed and thorough, almost to the point of being over-kill. They will give you step-by-step instructions with detailed diagrams for troubleshooting and repairing every little problem with the vehicle. They remind me of recent military Tech Orders, if you're familiar at all with those. They easily have 10 times the detail of a Chilton or Haynes manual. Worth every penny if you maintain/repair your own vehicles in my opinion. I have purchased one for every one of my vehicles and find them priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you on the fence for the Helm manuals, the first time you do something like pop the door panels off or need a wiring diagram you'll have paid for the manual.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 9/1/2014.

WTF?!? They pushed the service manuals back yet another 6 months!

I'm guessin' they pushed it back because design changes are probably still being made.

I had the complete Helms set for my '98 Silverado. They are an amazing source of info. Worth every penny for sure. :)

• Like 1

I see that the gmupfitter site removed the links for the Electrical Manual, & the General Info and the Pickup manuals are also not there.

The Electrical manual (259 pages) does a pretty decent job of identifying the various component diagrams, electrical connector and cavity info... If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to ya.

• Like 2

True statement. I used to buy the cheap manuals at the local auto parts store, but it always seemed like something was missing.

I got the factory manuals for my 1994 GMC Suburban, and was blown away at all of the information in there. I've since bought the factory manuals for my 1997 C5 Corvette and my 2007 C6 Corvette. (Both are long gone... I gave the C5 manuals to the buy who bought the car, and I can easily sell the C6 manuals locally.)

Gonna pull the trigger on the 2014 Silverado manuals once they are available. No doubt about it.

What should I expect to pay for a full set of manuals for the 2014 truck?

What should I expect to pay for a full set of manuals for the 2014 truck?

Go to HelmInc.com. Looks like $350. The prices have gone up some, but they're still useful if you get serious about your own repairs. For just maintenance you probably don't need them.

• 1 month later...