2014+ Leveling Kits

Has anyone have issues with alignment after installing a 2" level kit? I got my truck back from alignment and guy said that he had to set positive camber for the alignment for it to be right and now it looks like the wheels not straight if that makes sense....to much positive camber now but truck rides straight. Any insight? Thanks

Has anyone have issues with alignment after installing a 2" level kit? I got my truck back from alignment and guy said that he had to set positive camber for the alignment for it to be right and now it looks like the wheels not straight if that makes sense....to much positive camber now but truck rides straight. Any insight? Thanks

I️ think he got a little tired of adjusting it. You should be able to get it perfect. All that’s thrown off by a 2” kit is the toe. That’s my before and after with a 2” bottom strut spacer.

3aa7a31abe80a932b9222e71eb6c8350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

I️ think he got a little tired of adjusting it. You should be able to get it perfect. All that’s thrown off by a 2” kit is the toe. That’s my before and after with a 2” bottom strut spacer.

3aa7a31abe80a932b9222e71eb6c8350.jpg

Thanks for the info!, I will check back with him or try another place, I just don't want to wear out suspension/tires out plus I want it to look normal haha

2015 1500 z71 crew cab standard bed 4WD

2” BDS level
20x9 ET 20 Fuel Mavericks
275/65/20 Falken WildPeaks

Have tried to induce rub every possible way. Currently I can only get it to do it going downhill in reverse at full lock. After having a buddy help me it’s been determined the rub is on the weathertech mudflaps and truck itself.

Just goes to show a 34” tire is obtainable on a leveled 1500 with well thought out width/offset and a “skinnier” tire

7f82e8dd42f0576890612a9429f5d73d.jpg

• Like 2

So I see that BFG now makes the KO2's in a 285/60/20.  Only options before were Michelin LTX Defender (great tire but not aggressive enough) or Goodyear Duratrac (too aggressive).  Found on Tirerack.com: 

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO2&partnum=86SR0KO2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

This is the size I've been wanting.  I just put sulastic shackles on the rear (which raised it roughly 0.5").  On the front I am doing the Bilstein 5100's (1.8").  Just not sure if I sure add the extra 0.5" spacer on top if I go with this size of tire.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Finally got my RC 2" level installed. I have a 2015 regular cab with 17 wheels and 265/70/17 tires. Looks great. I took it to a reputable shop in my area. They quoted me $85-95 to install and $65 for alignment plus $5.00 to adjust headlights. Ended up costing me $75 for install and $58 for alignment. Came to $157 total. They even drove me home and picked me up. Best service I've ever had from a shop. I'll post picrures later!

Edited by Geiser100
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Largely Unknown said:

Love the red graphics on the bed of the blue one!

Thank you, wanted to do a superman theme for the summer, going to be taking all the red off and switching to a black Sierra decal to not be so flashy.

Anyone have experience with performance chips after putting a leveling kit on there truck? 

I have a 2017 1500 Silverado Redline edition and want to put a rough country 2.5” level with BF Goodrich 285-65R20 KO2s on. I did this setup with my last truck, a 2012 1500 with a 6.2L and I lost so much power and gas mileage which was expected.

Just wondering if a chip or something similar could get the horse power and gas mileage back up to where I started before?

On 11/15/2017 at 8:55 AM, SuperSierra said:

Here is a video of comparing my truck that has a level and 33s to a stock elevation

What offset are you running on the wheels on the blue truck?