2014+ Leveling Kits

so what is better for the coil spacer up front... Polly or Steal ? I see some places offering both

I have seen aluminum as well for the strut spacer. My coil spacer is steel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Looks great!

A bit off topic:

I see everyone going with the 2" leveling kit. Is there a reason y'all are choosing this over the 2.5"? Ive been on the fence about which kit to order for a while now and I'm looking for some input to help me make a decision.

I have the 2" kit because I didn't want to go bigger tires and think it looks great without having to do blocks. However, I am now considering an extra inch in the back. We picked up a 12' pop up trailer and I have a feeling it may sit lower in the back with truck bed loaded with wood etc and trailer hooked up. Anyone have experience with towing and drop? I noticed about 2" drop in back

Don't get 2.5.... I heard it can mess with the electric steering in the new trucks. I would get a 1.5 inch or 2 inch max. I have the 2 inch kit, I almost wish I would have gotten on the 1.5 inch. My truck sits about 1.5 inch higher in the back. I have the stock 275 tires, and will keep it that way

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Don't get 2.5.... I heard it can mess with the electric steering in the new trucks. I would get a 1.5 inch or 2 inch max. I have the 2 inch kit, I almost wish I would have gotten on the 1.5 inch. My truck sits about 1.5 inch higher in the back. I have the stock 275 tires, and will keep it that way Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Did you hear that it will mess with the electric steering from someone you know or was this a thread somewhere else? I guess what im asking is is this a reliable source? Links?

I plan to go with large tires when i do the leveling kit. I plan to run 305-55-20's on my stock wheels. I was told tht they would fit with a 2", but i like the idea of having another 1/2" in height just in case.

The 4x4 shop that installed mine.. I think the guy is pretty reliable source. He has been doing this for 25 years. I can't remember exactly the details... he just said after 2in, you could be asking for trouble. And he said it had something to do with electric steering and / or linkage to it. I didn't remember word for word because I knew from the start I only wanted 1.5 or 2in anyway.

• Like 1

Don't get 2.5.... I heard it can mess with the electric steering in the new trucks. I would get a 1.5 inch or 2 inch max. I have the 2 inch kit, I almost wish I would have gotten on the 1.5 inch. My truck sits about 1.5 inch higher in the back. I have the stock 275 tires, and will keep it that way Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Do you know this for a fact or did a friend of a friend say that.....2.5" front w/3" block 700 miles and no issues!!!

Edited by MR. DRAG SLEDDER

17mpg, that's basically what in getting with stock tires thanks!

The 4x4 shop that installed mine.. I think the guy is pretty reliable source. He has been doing this for 25 years. I can't remember exactly the details... he just said after 2in, you could be asking for trouble. And he said it had something to do with electric steering and / or linkage to it. I didn't remember word for word because I knew from the start I only wanted 1.5 or 2in anyway.

I have the 2.5 kit, 1500 miles no problems at all.

• Like 1

Guys with the 2.5" front kits, can you post pics? Also what size tire are you running. Going to be leveling my Dads '14 this weekend with 2.5" front and swapping rear blocks to 3" and running 295/55/20's on stock 20's, but am considering 295/60/20 just think they will be too big and cause rubbing issues especially since he must keep the oem mudflaps. Thanks, all the trucks posted in this thread look great!

I just got the 2" rough country installed on my truck. It looks great, but I have noticed a little difference on the highway in terms V8 to V4 transition. It is definitely less aerodynamic with the front spacers and wants to kick back into V8 earlier than before.

post-123718-0-74656800-1380813590_thumb.jpg