2014+ Leveling Kits

Here is my 17 Sierra Elevation with a 2" level I got from Amazon (aluminum blocks for under the struts) and Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/60/20 on stock wheels.  I can turn lock to lock with no contact to the liners, but I suspect under load it will rub a little.  It does hit the sway bar at full lock, but not too bad.

28083783089_57f922025f_h.jpg

28083782379_323dcb59bb_h.jpg

28083783689_bccaec7e1d_h.jpg

Edited by 24v
  • Like 2

After installing a Top Gun Customz 2.5” front level and an add a leaf in the rear, I’m taking the front back down to only 1” today. Reason is the ride up front bangs around more than I like for a truck with only 22k, and I believe GMC-AT who’s tried many level combos and recommends not going over 1.5” (and doing so only with under strut plates). If the rake is too much I’ll also remove the add a leaf but I’m about to haul a 4K lb trailer 1000 mi so I may hold off on the add a leaf removal. 

I really like the stance but the ride and other guys’ issues with ball joints and other wear have pointed me toward a Zone 1.5” body lift—if I want to get back to this look after removing most of the front leveling kit. 

Anyone else have ride quality issues resolved by using less of a leveling kit?

4DF7F015-3B0D-40A8-8002-50F874F36334.jpeg

Edited by Shredder15
Clarification

I asked a ton of questions on this forum so I figure I owe everyone a report-out.... 

I was very hesitant and pretty skeptical, but finally installed Billy 5100s all around on top setting in front along with the ReadyLift rear 2.25 blocks and had aligned. I immediately notice the difference visually from about 30 yards away and is exactly what I hoped for; looks good and noticeable increase in wheel well space. Fitting slightly bigger AT tires shouldnt be a problem. I measured but pretty roughly as I wasn't too concerned about the fractions. I got 2" min. up front and obviously a solid inch in back. 1" of rake left. Wouldn't of minded a little more rake either. You can also feel the height difference sitting in the truck. I've owned a couple 2500s, one of which was lifted on 35s so I'm used to the height difference. I do believe I'll need to adjust the headlights down just to be safe. Haven't been flashed yet but can tell they're pointing slightly higher. 

Driving is where this leveling setup really impressed me.  My round trip commute is 80 miles and includes roads of every type from highway to gravel.  I'd read all the reviews about a much firmer ride and feeling more of the small stuff in the road. You can feel a little more in the road, maybe, but not at all in a bad way.  To me It really feels really planted and just right.  Better grip, less bouncy at the same time.  Body roll is almost eliminated around bends with speeds in the low-mid range, still noticeable at higher speeds but improved nonetheless. Obviously it doesn't nose dive quite as bad during the quicker stops either. 

My biggest fear was driveline caused vibrations due to the 3 degree rear block taper. Cross my fingers I haven't felt anything yet. Would still like to get on a much smoother highway to be absolutely sure though and stop worrying about it. 

I do tow a 3 place but very light snowmobile trailer at the max; hoping it doesn't squat much if it all. 

I too needed a leveling kit and researched and found Moto-Fab, they had great reviews and these were only $35.00 Dollars. Installation was pretty straight forward requiring the removal of tie rod end and the upper and lower control arms.  But I was a little nervous as the kit blocks measured only a tad over 1 inch but somehow i missed the day they taught Geometry in school but it raised my front end exactly 2 inches, had the alignment done and i love the way the truck sits and it didn't change the ride that much, in fact it stiffened it up a little which i like instead of the cushy ride.   I still have just a small amount of rake but i am please overall, and didn't spend a lot of money. 

2 hours ago, Fall Sniper said:

Would like to level my 2018 Denali but unsure about messing with the magna ride and don’t want a harsh ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a 2.5" Level from Suspensionmaxx with 2" Blocks in rear of my 2017 Denali. It rode just like factory before I put the 10Ply Ridge Grapplers on and it still rides great. I rode around for 2 weeks before tires and couldn't tell a difference except truck looked like it skipped leg day..lol

20180126_141940.jpg

• Like 4

I installed a 2.5" Level from Suspensionmaxx with 2" Blocks in rear of my 2017 Denali. It rode just like factory before I put the 10Ply Ridge Grapplers on and it still rides great. I rode around for 2 weeks before tires and couldn't tell a difference except truck looked like it skipped leg day..lol

20180126_141940.thumb.jpg.a70ea9880709d683919231bdc384042f.jpg

Thanks for that info. Truck looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Fall Sniper said:

With the 2” in the back and 2.5 in the front, do you still have a slight rake down in the front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is a little less than factory but I pull a boat year round and didn't want the squat. I'm glad I did as some look like they are a little high in the front. The suspensionmaxx has the bracket relocator for the magneride and have great instructions. If you decide to do it yourself let me know and I can give you a few tips to make it go quick! Here is a side and front shot

20180126_142000.jpg

20180122_092428.jpg

3 minutes ago, DenaliLegend said:

Yes it is a little less than factory but I pull a boat year round and didn't want the squat. I'm glad I did as some look like they are a little high in the front. The suspensionmaxx has the bracket relocator for the magneride and have great instructions. If you decide to do it yourself let me know and I can give you a few tips to make it go quick! Here is a side and front shot

20180126_142000.jpg

20180122_092428.jpg

Truck looks good!  What size Ridge Grapplers?

20180126_142000.thumb.jpg.7097c87c2366c709971a5bf7754e9345.jpg
20180122_092428.thumb.jpg.d65c74ace88ca5022462337db301af53.jpg

Thank you. The side shot shows it well. Did you reprogram your speedo when you switched to taller tire? I had a bully dog in my last truck which was a diesel.

1 minute ago, Fall Sniper said:

Thank you. The side shot shows it well. Did you reprogram your speedo when you switched to taller tire? I had a bully dog in my last truck which was a diesel.

No not yet as I can't decide if I want to void warranty with a full blown tune or just go to dealer have them recalibrate speedo. These things are addictive as I already have a new grill being made and can't stop mods..lol