2014+ Leveling Kits

1 hour ago, MOhunter92 said:

You have to unless you only want to do the bottom 2 inch, in that case why get the 2.5 kit.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

becuse for now im on stock tire... and 2.5 with stock tire it look like the truck have skipped leg days... so im going only 2in front for now

becuse for now im on stock tire... and 2.5 with stock tire it look like the truck have skipped leg days... so im going only 2in front for now

It’s 1/2 inch difference just a big waste of time to do it all over again but it’s your time and truck so by all means.

7dc53aaa632e33e779b2593a634e9933.jpg50f13bad970ee2661cba2d8fe8079f3a.jpg

Suspension angles on the RC 2.5 inch on my 2016 Sierra. Cast steel arms, rides slightly stiffer than stock but not terribly noticeable. It’s weird how sometimes the truck looks like it has a ton of rake still and sometimes it looks close to level. Sitting just under 40 1/2 in the rear and 38 1/2 in the front, I like the look. Not a fan of nose high at all

You can just loosen the upper ball joint and use a pry bar. No need to totally remove

Yes there is, you can’t move the hub out of the way to put the bolts from the top down on the bottom spacer without removing the ball joint and moving the hub out of the way a bit. Otherwise putting the bolts bottom up will result in contact with your cv axle. There’s pics of it in this thread along with it’s in the directions for the kit.

7dc53aaa632e33e779b2593a634e9933.jpg50f13bad970ee2661cba2d8fe8079f3a.jpg

Suspension angles on the RC 2.5 inch on my 2016 Sierra. Cast steel arms, rides slightly stiffer than stock but not terribly noticeable. It’s weird how sometimes the truck looks like it has a ton of rake still and sometimes it looks close to level. Sitting just under 40 1/2 in the rear and 38 1/2 in the front, I like the look. Not a fan of nose high at all

I’d install a 1” diff drop if it were my truck. I did in mine

1 hour ago, MOhunter92 said:

Yes there is, you can’t move the hub out of the way to put the bolts from the top down on the bottom spacer without removing the ball joint and moving the hub out of the way a bit. Otherwise putting the bolts bottom up will result in contact with your cv axle. There’s pics of it in this thread along with it’s in the directions for the kit.

that good to know thanks ill do it properly then

• Like 1

I’d install a 1” diff drop if it were my truck. I did in mine

Not worried about it at all actually. I thought it would be worse than it is, if my ball joints and cv axles go out at 80000 oh well I’ll replace them. I think it’s unnecessary on a 2.5, the 3.5 kit comes with 1 inch diff drop spacers and the angles would look similar to this besides upper and lower ball joint. My buddies 3.5 kit (which I am not advocating nor would I install on my personal truck) had his ball joints and CVs go out at 135K miles. That’s basic maintenance at that point

My 2 options are:

Bilstein 5100 1.8" setting with Toyo Open Country AT 2 295/55/20s. (Stock wheels)

--OR--

Bilstein 5100 1.8" setting PLUS 0.5" spacer for roughly 2.3" of level, and BFG KO2's 285/60/20.  (Stock wheels)

Leaning more towards first one, but concerned about control arm rub.  Second one I assume may rub on fender, but probably can be fixed more easily.  Anyone have the same/similar setup or have some input?

On 3/13/2018 at 11:52 AM, allblack16 said:

Installed a 3" Motofab level on my 2016 Silverado Z71 last weekend. Rear is stock. Wheels are 20x12 -44 offset and tires are 33x12.5. Took some plastic and metal trimming, no rub at full turn. Before and after pics below. Smoking my turn signals and corner markers this weekend.. will probably vinyl wrap the chrome bumper mustache too.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Nice!  Did you leave the stock block in the back and if so, do you know what the size of that stock block is?

8 hours ago, maxim562 said:

I found this leaf spring lowering kit at AutoZone for $40 lowered the rear 2 inches now it sits level. for the price it cant be beat i dont do any towing or haul heavy loads so it works perfect for me

5ab31ca35b93b_lowkit.jpg.074166a42eafe06d0ea613a3c43a540a.jpg

That's something I am interested in... Can you provide pics and measurements...

Thanks for posting.