2014+ Leveling Kits

How do you plan on adjusting the odometer for that taller tire? Word is by GM that even if all you do is change the odometer stuff if you have any powertrain issues GM can use the fact you tuned the ECM to fix odometer error due to non stock size tires to deny powertrain warranty issues.

I'm running P275/60r20 Open Country AT2s with a 1" level. I have about 1500 miles on them and they are awesome. The tires rub the front driver side wheel well liner in reverse at full lock. Even with a 2.5" level kit you may still rub but it won't be bad. My speedo is off 2 mph at 70 mph. If those 275/65r20s are LT tires you are going to notice a significant decrease in acceleration and MPG but they will look great.

• Like 1

I have 275/60R20 Cooper AT3 with 2.5" RC lift kit, no rub at all and looks nice. 275/60R20 was the biggest size P tires that I could find, as I didn't want to go with LT tires and sacrifice MPG and the soft ride.

295/55/20-----20x9--"0" offset--- 3"F/1.5"R

Any rubbing? A local shop is going to install a 2.25 Ready Lift kit for me, but they are afraid I can't fit those tires on aftermarket wheels - they said they have only put this big of tires on factory wheels.

y6u8evem.jpgtugere6e.jpgbefore (the day I got it) to after with a 3" level kit (1 5/8" metal top strut spacer)

20x10 fuel hostage - 24 offset

305/55/20 Falken wild peak a/t

It did rub a little, I just cut a small piece of the back mat and hammered the sheet metal about 1/8".

y7e8yzyt.jpg

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

• Like 3

Any rubbing? A local shop is going to install a 2.25 Ready Lift kit for me, but they are afraid I can't fit those tires on aftermarket wheels - they said they have only put this big of tires on factory wheels.

as long as you use a 20x9 with 0 offset you should be fine, Once you use a 20x10 wheel thats when you run into problems but if you want the deep dish look the 20x10 wheel is the way to go. Just stick to a 5" backspacing and go with 285/55/20 to be on the safe side. It will still look aggressive if you go with mud tires or all terrains.

• Like 1

I've got a 2014 Denali.

I've got the 20x9 KMC D2's and Toyo 285/55r20 sittin gat the shop ready to go.

I ran the same combo on a 2012 Avalanche with very little "reverse-over-a-bump-rubbing-at-full-lock" rub

Do you guys think I'll need a level? Hope not.

Most likely, with 285/55/20 on a 20x9 -0- offset wheel all you will probably need is a 2" leveling kit. No need for 2.5" or taller leveling kit with 285. With a 2.5" leveling kit and 20x9 wheel -0- offset people have been putting 305's with no rub.

• Like 1

YQatari do you have any pics? Would love to see them. As for mod the speedometer I hadn't put much thought into that yet. Would hate to void the power train warranty... As for LT vs P? I have no idea what that is

Well guys here she is leveled and new skins. I haven't discovered anything rubbing and the ride is incredible over those crappy Goodyears that come from the factory. Leveling Kit was a $40 Ebay 2" level kit, Aluminum spacer. Also New Nitto Terra Grapplers, yes they are wide 305/60/18. The look is awesome compared to factory. Here are the images.

20140308_073217.jpg

20140308_073312.jpg

Got any questions just ask

Edited by lasure13
  • Like 3