2014+ Leveling Kits

OK,

I really like the stock height of my truck.

Do not want to change it.

BUT, I would like to get more rubber between my rims and the road.

So, with just a leveling kit, no raising the rear, what kit would that be?

Thanks!

:dunno:

Not sure what you want here. You don't want to change the stock height, but you want a front leveling kit? A 'leveling kit' is a spacer kit to raise the front to match or come close to the stock rear height.

You want to "...get more rubber between my rims and the road.". That will raise it as well.

A typical "leveling kit" is about a 2" lift of the front.

Typical larger diameter tires with a "leveling kit" are up to about 2" larger than stock, or up to 1" sidewall increase.

So, potentially these changes could lift the front of the truck 3" - 3 1/2" and the rear 1". That's actually quite a bit higher than stock height.

Others have "leveled" their trucks by lowering the rear or a combination of a little front lift and a little rear lower.

Some will say you need to lift (level) the front to get bigger tires in the wheel wells. I put 1" larger diameter x 40mm wider tires (305/60-18 or 12.1 x 32.6 actual specs) on my truck with no modifications and didn't have any contact when turning and driving. You could trade some of that 40mm of width for a small increase over the diameter I used as well.

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali and I just put the 2.5" RC level kit on the front. I didn't add the rear block because it sits almost perfectly level now. The problem I have is that it rides like a dump truck now. The front is really tight and bouncy. It has been aligned professionally and everything but the ride is definitely worse than I had anticipated. Anyone else have this problem? The truck does have the factory 22" wheels and the side wall of the tire is pretty low profile but this has me thinking of taking it off completely. Any suggestions because Rough Country said they had never heard of this before?!

I thought the 2015 Denali had "magnetic ride control", or something like that, that for some reason made it so you couldn't level the truck......I'm not sure at all what I'm talking about, but I remember reading something about this somewhere on this forum.

Anyway, I have a 2014 Silverado Z71 Double cab, and I went with the "Ready Lift" 2.25" levelling kit, and I don't notice any difference in the ride vs "stock". Perhaps being a Denali, which probably has a pretty plush ride in the first place, any leveling kit that stiffens it up at all, would be that much more noticeable. Just a thought.

REV

Edited by revitupfaster

Here's my 2015 Sierra All-Terrain and list of mods:
2.5" RC Level + RC Rear Blocks
295/55r20 Toyo AT2 Xtreme Tires
BulletProof Black Offset Flaps
Undercover Flex Tonneau
3m'd Front
35% Front Tint
MAXpider 3D Floor Liners
Muffler Delete

Eventually like to get rid of the chrome on the sides and debadge. I'll probably pull off the running boards as well.

These pictures are literally 5mins after I had the rear blocks put in. Initially I just went with the 2.5" up front and left the rear stock. It was almost dead level on a measuring tape, 39.75" up front and 40" out back. Unless you were looking at it from the rear it looked "nose high" to me and I was worried it would have too much sag in the back when I hooked up to my travel trailer.

Factory blocks are 1.25" and the RC are 1.75" tapered to 2".
Now I'm sitting about 39.75/40.5 which will work better for towing and from the side it doesn't hardly look any different but got rid of the "Cali lean".

Stock Blocks Before:
20150120_163226_zpso5ucdjmg.jpg
20150120_163237_zpsypmfeht0.jpg

RC Blocks After:
20150129_140609_zpsqazah3zf.jpg
20150129_140554_zpsuprtbbb1.jpg

• Like 2

So I got a set of Hankook AT-M 305/55/R20s today with about 70 percent tread on em for 200 bucks. My question is with a 2 inch rc leveling kit will they fit and not rub? He said that he will give me my money back if they don't fit but I hate to do that really. They measure at 33.2 overall diameter but i dont know if they will hit being a wider tire? Anybody got anything?

So I got a set of Hankook AT-M 305/55/R20s today with about 70 percent tread on em for 200 bucks. My question is with a 2 inch rc leveling kit will they fit and not rub? He said that he will give me my money back if they don't fit but I hate to do that really. They measure at 33.2 overall diameter but i dont know if they will hit being a wider tire? Anybody got anything?

Stock wheel?

I thought the 2015 Denali had "magnetic ride control", or something like that, that for some reason made it so you couldn't level the truck......I'm not sure at all what I'm talking about, but I remember reading something about this somewhere on this forum.

Anyway, I have a 2014 Silverado Z71 Double cab, and I went with the "Ready Lift" 2.25" levelling kit, and I don't notice any difference in the ride vs "stock". Perhaps being a Denali, which probably has a pretty plush ride in the first place, any leveling kit that stiffens it up at all, would be that much more noticeable. Just a thought.

REV

Perhaps I will just leave things alone then. I like the ride of my truck. I think the real fix would be to put 18" wheels on and get more rubber between the road that way. But then the truck won't look as nice.

Perhaps it is just the tires. I feel all the bumps and it makes me crazy.

Thanks Guys!

I just got my 2.5" RC leveling kit in the mail and have been looking for a wheel/ tire set up. I'm curious if anyone has put a 275/60R20 on a 20x9 rim and how it looked. I'm limited in tire sizes because I'd really like to stick to a P metric tire for weight/ mpgs, and I'd like to get as close to 33" as possible. I'm looking at Toyo A/T2 tires and Gear Big Block wheels. I just don't want to spend the money and be stuck with pizza cutters for the next 60,000 miles.

Thanks,

Perhaps I will just leave things alone then. I like the ride of my truck. I think the real fix would be to put 18" wheels on and get more rubber between the road that way. But then the truck won't look as nice.

Perhaps it is just the tires. I feel all the bumps and it makes me crazy.

Thanks Guys!

To each his own, but I prefer more rubber than a larger diameter wheel, Always appealed more to me... maybe the fact it's more functional overweighed the form portion.

To each his own, but I prefer more rubber than a larger diameter wheel, Always appealed more to me... maybe the fact it's more functional overweighed the form portion.

So are you suggesting I change out my wheels to 18" and put on larger tires?

I wonder how that would look?

Has anyone done this?

I really like my wheels. Do they make an 18" version of them?

Thanks

So are you suggesting I change out my wheels to 18" and put on larger tires?

I wonder how that would look?

Has anyone done this?

I really like my wheels. Do they make an 18" version of them?

Thanks

I'm sure people have done it, it's just a matter of preference.

I haven't seen that GM wheel in an 18 and you probably wont find it.

If my truck didn't leave the pavement I would opt for a larger wheel, but 17-18" is more practical for my driving mix.

If I could find 18" replicas of the gm all terrains or black chrome all terrains I would opt for those. Maybe even 17" if I could find it. I like 20 and all but the tire price isn't fun and 17-18 would be more practical for me as well.

• Like 1