2014+ Leveling Kits

I agree and would like to know.

I installed the Motofab kit last night and the bolts that came with the kit were too short the threads didn't even go into the nylon portion of the lock nut. I got some longer bolts today I'll swap out the shorties. What is everybody doing with the 1/2 shafts to get the bolts in from the top or are people just putting the bolt in the from the bottom and putting the nut on top?

Nut on top but make sure the bolt isn't too long to interfere with the 1/2 shaft. I cut my bolts down to be even with the top of the nut.

attachicon.gif20170222_091508.jpgattachicon.gif20170222_130659.jpg

2016 GMC Sierra Z71

2.5 inch RC level with stock rear blocks

295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler on stock 18s

.25 spacers on all 4 corners and minimal trimming on fender lin

Well done. Not many people try that size tire with just a level. My buddy put them on his Tundra with just Bilsteins and they look so good. I've heard on stock rims that you're going to get a little swaybar and UCA rub without some negative offset (or spacers). Looks like 1/4" spacers does the trick. At full lock how much clearance do you have on the swaybars and UCAs. I'm guessing it's pretty tight.

attachicon.gif20170222_091508.jpgattachicon.gif20170222_130659.jpg

2016 GMC Sierra Z71

2.5 inch RC level with stock rear blocks

295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler on stock 18s

.25 spacers on all 4 corners and minimal trimming on fender liner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very very sharp ! I'm probably going with same tire and size. Would like to know your opinion of them. My truck and rims are same as yours except for color. Haha Edited by trik396

16+ now require the strut to be taken apart to install a coil spacer (for 2.5 RC lift). really debating just installing the lower 2" spacer and not doing the extra .5

whats everyone's opinions on just doing the 2" vs 2.5". really worth it?

Where did you read this? I have a 16 and didn't take the strut apart, nor did the instructions say to do so.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/1305.pdf

Don't see it here either. Just curious what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very sharp ! I'm probably going with same tire and size. Would like to know your opinion of them. My truck and rims are same as yours except for color. Haha

I've only put about 400 miles on them so far, but they're quiet on the highway and add a little body roll because they're not very wide on my stocks. They are a 10 ply tire, so they're heavier and will tank your fuel mileage. Dropped from 22 on Highway to about 16.5 according to my instrument panel. I love them, though. Fuel mileage was worth it to me. My wife, however, has a much different opinion. Lol

Where did you read this? I have a 16 and didn't take the strut apart, nor did the instructions say to do so.http://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/1305.pdf

I was wondering about this also. I've done 3 different 2016 with 2.5 and didn't take strut apart. Went on just like the 2014-15 models.

• Like 1

I've only put about 400 miles on them so far, but they're quiet on the highway and add a little body roll because they're not very wide on my stocks. They are a 10 ply tire, so they're heavier and will tank your fuel mileage. Dropped from 22 on Highway to about 16.5 according to my instrument panel. I love them, though. Fuel mileage was worth it to me. My wife, however, has a much different opinion. Lol

Thats a big hit on mileage. If you didn't correct thru a recalibration of your computer then you are really getting better than what you think

Where did you read this? I have a 16 and didn't take the strut apart, nor did the instructions say to do so.http://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/1305.pdf

That was from rough country themselves. Stamped steel arms now have a inner .5 spacer that goes on top of the spring(not on top of the strut like before) due to the balljoint angle with new arms was even worse with spacer on top. I emailed and called to verify.

See here I selected stamped arms, the top spacer is now a circle. See the part number? Now in second picture it says strut doesn't need assemble but excludes that part number. Like I said before, the rough country rep said they changed top spacers for stamped arms to help the geometry/angle a little better apparently.

post-148956-0-36617300-1487937518_thumb.png

post-148956-0-84921100-1487937533_thumb.png

• Like 1

See here I selected stamped arms, the top spacer is now a circle. See the part number? Now in second picture it says strut doesn't need assemble but excludes that part number. Like I said before, the rough country rep said they changed top spacers for stamped arms to help the geometry/angle a little better apparently.

I almost bought this kit. Then I called rough country to ask them about the spacer. Said it was a preload spacer and I had to disassemble the strut to install. I said screw it just went with the pro comp 2 1/4" level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It makes no difference top or bottom. You would need to pull the axle to get the bolt in from the top.

Haha no you dont, I definitely didnt take the axle out. The instructions that come with the motofab kit tell you how to install it. The bolt head is shorter than the nut so it makes sense that nut goes on bottom to maximize clearance. If the nut backs off the bolt is just gonna drop out as well.

Edited by jrob56
  • Like 1