Bluetooth audio issues with Chevy MyLink? Quick straw poll

My MyLink absolutely went crazy the other day... I was sitting in a chick fil a drive through and my truck started buzzing real loud and I turned it off at the window BC it was kind of embarrassing... Upon start up again, the radio went to max volume bad and I couldn't turn it down... I had to turn off the truck again, my wife and 5 week old son had to get out BC I didn't want to hurt his ears. I restarted truck again and same results. After i got my food and pulled out of the way I had to get my tools out of the bed, disconnect the battery and upon start up the 4th time, it was normal again... The drive through was PACKED with 4 cars behind me and I had to turn the truck off and let them get out and started again and everyone was like what the hell is going on here..

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 4.2.2 and mylink with navagation and streaming Pandora via Bluetooth is horrible, one day it will work flawlessly and the other it either won't connect or it will be playing and then it will show a problem with the connected device and quit playing altogether.

I still use my Droid X2 and it connects perfectly but WILL NOT load the phonebook into the truck. My mp3's seem to play fine from the Droid X2 and it seems as if I don't even need to start the player on the phone... Just select source and when I come to the Droid X2 it just starts playing my music.

So, I spoke with a mylink support rep regarding the USB/Bluetooth audio issue i was having (non stereo output). They requested that i take the truck into the dealership.

The dealer service department was able to resolve the issue by updating the mylink. Evidently, my head unit needed several updates. Looked at the manufacture date and noticed truck was built June '13-- which probably explains why it needed so many updates.

Crazy thing is even though it was supposedly updated, the software number is the same as before I put it in the shop. Weird.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my truck a little over a week ago and i don't have any issues connecting my phone to the bluetooth and the phone calls sound great, but when streaming audio whether it be Pandora, Play Music, or just music on my phone it will skip every minute or so. Extremely annoying but i was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Android 4.3

Truck: 2014 Silverado LT

Not sure on the mylink version will have to go check it during lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue with my iPod's Bluetooth connectivity, although it doesn't happen all the time. It'll be playing fine, but if I manually change the song the Bluetooth connection is lost. The iPod continues to play, but not through the truck speakers. If I push the "Radio" button and then the "Media" button the iPod begins playing over the speakers again. I was told a "flash" might fix the issue......we shall see since I will be taking it to dealership this week.

I have a similar issue with my iPod's Bluetooth connectivity, although it doesn't happen all the time. It'll be playing fine, but if I manually change the song the Bluetooth connection is lost. The iPod continues to play, but not through the truck speakers. If I push the "Radio" button and then the "Media" button the iPod begins playing over the speakers again. I was told a "flash" might fix the issue......we shall see since I will be taking it to dealership this week.

had the exact same issue last night with pandora. all the sudden it starts coming out of the phone instead of head unit. i disconnected and reconnected via phone app in truck, and it started playing via head unit again.

I have had Bluetooth issues since I got the truck in January. I constantly have to pair the phone with the truck, it will show the Bluetooth is connected with the "B" symbol but nothing else will show (battery life and signal), my iPhone will show it is connected, and if I try to make a call it says it is going through MyLink but no sound is heard, I have to switch it to speaker or handset to hear the call. The music is hit or miss as to whether or not I hear it. I just got it back from the shop (they had to put in a new exhaust system!) and I told them of the Bluetooth issue, they said they updated the software and it should be good to go. It is still getting worse, no connection but music now. I called support and they basically said it was my cell carrier or my phone. My phone was fine with my previous vehicle, no issues, it is just since i got the truck. It was happening once or twice a week at the start, now it is daily (works in the morning, not in the afternoon) and now it is every time I drive it. Any one know if there is a service bulletin open on this?

I have two phones paired to my truck. Sometimes it will sync to mine, some times to my wives. Anyone know if you can make one primary? Mine is the first one paired, but makes no difference. Anyone having this issue, with any results? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
:(:(

betamu9a.jpg Took my Silverado to dealership for Bluetooth connectivity issues and they said they found one update for my truck. I attached the writing on invoice.

The "update" did not fix my Bluetooth connectivity issue

So I have a 2014 Sierra with mylink. I have a Samsung galaxy S4 bluetoothed to it, an Ipod classic hooked up usb, I have used an SD card, and i have bluetoothed a friends Iphone 5 or 5s cant remember exactly. All of these media devices will play left channel only out of all the speakers in the truck. The aux jack, cd player, and radio plays music just fine in stereo like it should. This drives me absolutely crazy because i know what the song is suppose to sound like but whole instruments will be left out sometimes. I dont know if there is a fix for this yet or if gm even really knows about it. Anyways this more of rant than helpful/useful information. If anyone finds out what is wrong with it please let me know and if i figure it out i will be sure to pass it along.

So I have a 2014 Sierra with mylink. I have a Samsung galaxy S4 bluetoothed to it, an Ipod classic hooked up usb, I have used an SD card, and i have bluetoothed a friends Iphone 5 or 5s cant remember exactly. All of these media devices will play left channel only out of all the speakers in the truck. The aux jack, cd player, and radio plays music just fine in stereo like it should. This drives me absolutely crazy because i know what the song is suppose to sound like but whole instruments will be left out sometimes. I dont know if there is a fix for this yet or if gm even really knows about it. Anyways this more of rant than helpful/useful information. If anyone finds out what is wrong with it please let me know and if i figure it out i will be sure to pass it along.

Take it to the dealership, show them the issue, and they should be able to update it which will fix your stereo output to your Bluetooth. Mine was also doing it thru the USB connection. To me it sounded like sound was coming out of both sides, but it was playing the same side out of both. Anyways, my dealer service department updated the headunit and it fixed the issue...