Bluetooth audio issues with Chevy MyLink? Quick straw poll

If you saw my comment in our Live Review of a 2014 Silverado over the last week, you know that I ran into some issues trying to listen to Bluetooth audio through my phone. I've since confirmed using some diagnostic apps that using multiple devices running Android 4.2.2 and 4.3, only the left channel is played through the MyLink system. What we can't figure out is... why??

Is there anyone else with these new trucks that has tried Bluetooth audio streaming? How is it working for you? Also, what device, OS, and OS version are you running? What version of MyLink is installed on your truck?

Here

Devices we tried

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2

Nexus 7 running Android 4.3

This Silverado was running MyLink software "version" 23174395 and we only heard audio from the left channel

Any one with other Android and Apple devices that can try this out and let us know what happens?

I honestly think it's an issue with how the OS handles the Bluetooth audio. I use custom ROMs on my phone and one build it works and the next it doesn't and then the next it's back working again.

Side question will audio streaming work through the usb connection for something like SiriusXM rather than Bluetooth?

Also, is it only music or is it phone calls as well that are only coming out of one channel?

I highly doubt this is an issue with the radio. My money is on the software on the phones...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by BringTheRain403

We're hoping to figure it all out. Lets see if someone with an iPhone and someone with an older/different version of Android can chime in and we can compare notes.

One suggestion though: is it possible that your phone is seeing the MyLink bluetooth as a some sort of bluetooth headset? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when some phones connect to a headset, they only require the use of one audio channel. If that is the case, it may require a software update on the phone's part.

• Like 1

I have been using my iPhone 4S running the latest version of iOS6 with the MyLink bluetooth, with no issues whatsoever. I'll have to check on my MyLink software version later, but it is whatever version came with the truck.

Where is the version info listed at for mylink?

My software is the same ending in 395 just like everyone else.

I run iPhone 5 with iOS 7 beta 6 and Bluetooth audio works great like it should.