Bilstein adjustable for 2014?

Anybody try these out on a 2014 yet? I'd like to get these sooner rather than later because I dislike the stock rake and how low the front sits. I would feel a little bad tossing new shocks/struts (2800 miles so far) out just to level, but apparently ride and handling will also be improved.

Other question- would you be able to run a 285/55/18 tire on the stock polished 18"s?? The stock width are 265 so wasn't sure.....I figure a 275 would work

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crush, I cannot speak for the '14 but I put the Bilsteins 5100 on my 09 the third week I had it. I started with the front adjustable lift ones. Liked so much I added the rear. You will like the ride. I run 275s on 18s with lots of room and I think the '14s have more room.

I went with the second ring up from the bottom stock setting for a mild lift and It was level for sure. But I put them back to the first lift ring which I found felt better but still leveled the truck.

You can fit up to a 315, just take a look at my topic on wheel clearance and the photo I just posted.

I wasn't talking about clearance in the wheel well, I meant can I put a 285mm tire on the STOCK 18" polished AL 6 spoke rims, I don't know if ill have issues- they come w/ 265mm tires stock.

I was planning on going something like 285/70/18 whereas stock is 265/65/18

You can just add regular 5100 series if u like I'd imagine

Yes, I think they have a non-lift 5100 front shock. However the lift of the first or second ring up is so mild that it just looks much better and people say that looks good...is it lifted?

As for the ride, I think they are the best. Firm but not harsh. Cut down on roll and nose dive. No jitters over rough roads, paved or dirt. Cut out rear bed/wheel hop on rough pavement. And give a really nice non-float ride on interstate. I drove a '14 with the ranchos and my 50,000 mile 5100s where much better.

Note that I did put Michelins LTX on at the same time. I think the tire swap also helped. I'm just not going to spend 40-45 grand and ride around on bad oem tires for a couple of years. Trust me on this one. The LTXs M/S are also fine off road. No flats from thorns etc.. and do not mud up so bad.

Yes, I think they have a non-lift 5100 front shock. However the lift of the first or second ring up is so mild that it just looks much better and people say that looks good...is it lifted?

As for the ride, I think they are the best. Firm but not harsh. Cut down on roll and nose dive. No jitters over rough roads, paved or dirt. Cut out rear bed/wheel hop on rough pavement. And give a really nice non-float ride on interstate. I drove a '14 with the ranchos and my 50,000 mile 5100s where much better.

Note that I did put Michelins LTX on at the same time. I think the tire swap also helped. I'm just not going to spend 40-45 grand and ride around on bad oem tires for a couple of years. Trust me on this one. The LTXs M/S are also fine off road. No flats from thorns etc.. and do not mud up so bad.

I'm definitely going to upgrade to those leveling shocks/struts and also swap out the tires for some wider/better rubber. Can't decide on going w/ some more aggressive all terrains like nitto terra grapplers or goodyear wranglers, but I've heard nothing but praise for the Michelins....and I think w/ 80% of my driving all highway that may be the way to go

I'm definitely going to upgrade to those leveling shocks/struts and also swap out the tires for some wider/better rubber. Can't decide on going w/ some more aggressive all terrains like nitto terra grapplers or goodyear wranglers, but I've heard nothing but praise for the Michelins....and I think w/ 80% of my driving all highway that may be the way to go

Michelins LTX are hard to beat. They have a more aggressive LTX A/T I tried at first. They were rock throwers and seemed to mud up badly. That was in 09. They may have changed them some by now. Discount/Michelin were nice enough to swap out for the LTX M/S as soon as my size 275s were made in M/S.

They do fine in off road and do not puncture. Mine are Ps but will get LTs next time. Have LTs on my sub and they ride just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ride night adjustables are available yet, I actually called bilstein USA two days ago. I just went with the RC till they are released. Billies are awesome, especially the 5100's and higher products.

Ride night adjustables are available yet, I actually called bilstein USA two days ago. I just went with the RC till they are released. Billies are awesome, especially the 5100's and higher products.

Forgot bilstein USA stated 6 months before they were going to be out. Hopefully sooner.

I also wanted to do the Bilsteins right away. I guess I'll do the RC temporarily so I can fit my tires.

Does Bilstein have rears available yet (or are they the same as the previous gen?)?

Archived