Tow Mirrors

I just checked them out. Damn, I wonder what those will cost! Maybe I'll upgrade someday, but I'm in no hurry. The black ones are rather plain, but they work well and I think they look pretty good.

I wonder what all will work? I'm guessing I'd get my power folding, memory and dimming functions back. I wonder if the running lights and backup lights would work though. The DL3 mirrors get signals from the BCM for all those conditions, I guess it depends on if the detail of the function is internal to the mirror or if the mirror is being controled by the BCM. Given what they'll probably cost, I think I'll sit on the sideline and let somebody else discover that stuff this time....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word yet on getting the signals to work on a non-signal truck?

I was really hopping to have them work! :bs:

You could always find the wire and tap it somewhere else in the truck

Well I tap wires to get things to work a lot. For instance in the tow mirrors if you cant get it to plug and play, pull a heaflight assembly say on the left side, tap the signal hot, then run the wire into the caband into the door. Then tap it into the signal wore on the mirror harness.

Ok i see what your saying. I just found this in another post he was putting power mirrors on which he did not previously have and it sounds like he got the signals to work but did not have signals prior to doing so. Just trying to make heads or tails of how he got it to work!

Hi... Does anyone have the DL3 mirror connector pin layout diagram? I have the cab side electrical diagram from the GM upfitter website but need the door/mirror side. I found that all the wires are there on the cab side. Only 4 were missing from the door side connector. Blue/white(Singnal) Gray/green(Puddle) White/Violet, Blue/Violet. Now I connected the signal and it worked but the puddle light doesnt work. I know on the mirror connector that the puddle light wire is orange/white and black/white(ground?) but will not function. Not sure where the white/violet and blue/violet wire go too yet and if that has anything to do with the puddle light. If anyone could help me with this would be great. I know the power folding wires are already in my door harness but i dont have a switch yet..

• Like This

I was looking at getting a truck with the tow mirrors. The sales women suggested that I swap them afterwards. Apparently regular mirror trucks have higher resale, and then I can swap the tow mirrors to a new truck or sell them. I really didn't want the hassle of swapping them though. But those high country mirrors look sweet! And power fold! I know a few on here don't see what the big deal is with power fold, but I park in a garage, so I would have to get out and fold/unfold every time i enter and exit the garage. It would be a PITA, especially when it is -20. I'd probably just get lazy and not fold, and then damage them.

If I understand this thread correctly; the HD mirrors fit the 1500, therefore the high country mirrors will fit the 1500? The back up lights are a neat feature, doubt they will work with the stock harness, but I could always hook them up to a switch i guess.

Before you jump on this do some research on the High Country. Find out if it is the 2013 body style like the standard HD. If it is, the mirrors will not fit a 2014 1500. The accessory catalog the dealers have says the mirrors fit 2008 to 2014 trucks, but in the fine print excludes the 2014 1500. The 2014 is the all new truck Chevy is advertising, the 2500 and 3500 is still the 2008 to 2013 body style. There was much confusion about these mirrors, even at the dealerships. My dealer ordered the wrong ones and they did not fit my 2014 1500, after he said he had fully researched the subject. So before you decide what to do check everything out yourself.

My mirrors will be installed tomorrow! I told them about the wires being in the cab for the signals and just need to be ran into the door. Do hopefully they can get it figured out...if not I might have a few choice words! so my fingers are crossed aswell!

Before you jump on this do some research on the High Country. Find out if it is the 2013 body style like the standard HD. If it is, the mirrors will not fit a 2014 1500. The accessory catalog the dealers have says the mirrors fit 2008 to 2014 trucks, but in the fine print excludes the 2014 1500. The 2014 is the all new truck Chevy is advertising, the 2500 and 3500 is still the 2008 to 2013 body style. There was much confusion about these mirrors, even at the dealerships. My dealer ordered the wrong ones and they did not fit my 2014 1500, after he said he had fully researched the subject. So before you decide what to do check everything out yourself.

High Country mirrors are off of a 2015 2500 as well as the only mirrors that work for our trucks must come from a 2015 2500 I believe the part numbers were already posted earlier in the thread for those looking for them

Hi. Sorry been so busy. Yes, on my 2014 1500 the connector on cab side has all the pins. Just door side connector was missing only 4 pins that cab side had. I found some pins at work that are exactly like the door side so I put them in the missing spots then spliced the correct signal and puddle into mirror. Pin 41 is signal and pin 3 is puddle but only 2 wires that I have no idea where they go are pin 13 and 26. Only puddle light still doesn't work but that must be due to bcm needing programmed. So to get puddle to work I followed the Puddle light wire into bcm. Grey connector#7 pin 8 and removed the the wire from connector and then spiced it into the courtesy light wire on junction box. Now puddle lights come on whenever I open door or unlock door. Now power fold doesn't work yet but I'm working on it. The wires are already there from what I see but doesn't work because I didn't have the switch. But I ordered the switch and it fits perfectly in the bezel but the connector is different so my door harness won't plug into it. So, this is where I need the Pin lay out for switch so I could match the wires to it. I modified the connector to plug in the switch but it's a no go cause it keeps blowing fuse when I do that.

Seeing as how those new HD mirrors have supplemental rear lighting, I wonder if our 2014 trucks have the wiring for that? I'd bet not. That's a cool feature. Those mirrors look awesome. I can't wait for someone on here to add them to their truck and post pictures.

And FYI, those mirrors aren't only for High Countries. I've seen pictures of them on All Terrain HDs as well.

Archived