Tow Mirrors

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the allstarauto website is a little confusing. which parts did you order, and did the

MIRROR, OUTSIDE REAR VIEW, RH, Right (BLACK) : CK1(03-43-53) WIDE LOAD MAN EXTENDING/MAN FOLD O/S MIR(DPN) : $346.24

come with all of the necesary parts or did you have to order everything in the diagram

So If I got the towing mirrors that have the turn signal in them. Since my current mirrors do not have them. Will I need to wire them or will they automatically work?

If it's anything like the last generation it will automatically start working.

Good news folks! They work!

I'll have more details and pics later, but for now just know it's an easy swap. The first one took about an hour as I figured stuff out, the second about 15 minutes. Drilliing the extra hole takes about 30 seconds each side, other than that it's a straight swap. Plug and play. Power works, blinker works and heat works. Memory obviously doesn't work but it doesn't make them "go crazy" either--they simply don't move at all. So it looks like there's no need for reprogramming.

Success!

Sweet. Glad it worked out. Thanks for posting back.

They make chrome covers that you can buy.. And you can buy the whole actual mirror in chrome too, but that's only in the aftermarket world and I don't think there are even aftermarket tow mirrors available for k2's yet

I'll have more details and pics later, but for now just know it's an easy swap. The first one took about an hour as I figured stuff out, the second about 15 minutes. Drilliing the extra hole takes about 30 seconds each side, other than that it's a straight swap. Plug and play. Power works, blinker works and heat works. Memory obviously doesn't work but it doesn't make them "go crazy" either--they simply don't move at all. So it looks like there's no need for reprogramming.

Success!

What part numbers did you seach for to get those? Do they stick out much farther than the non-towing mirrors?

Do they make a "fancy" towing mirror? something other than just black all over? maybe some chrome?

Please no. Chrome tow mirrors are just tacky. If anything get them color matched.

IMG_20140320_013124_462.jpg

IMG_20140320_013141_612.jpg

S

exactly what are the part #s for those ? , thx

Please no. Chrome tow mirrors are just tacky. If anything get them color matched.

Do they make a cover to paint so they can be color matched? The factory finish isn't smooth, the painted texture wouldn't look good...

Archived