Tow Mirrors

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any part numbers or info on tow mirrors for the '14s? Or if the '13 mirrors fit?

Towing mirrors are available on 2WT trucks with Z82 trailering pkg, and are required with NHT Max Trailering Package on 1LT and 1LZ, which are the only trims NHT is available on.

Also, unless GM develops accessory towing mirrors for these trucks, standard mirrors aren't swappable for camper mirrors:

Some owners may request to change their original mirror option to the campermirror option. When a truck is ordered from the factory with the Camper Mirror option — RPO DF2 or DPN, a larger door reinforcement patch is built into the door. This larger door reinforcement patch provides additional support for the added load of the camper mirrors. Additionally, camper mirrors have a fourth mounting attachment bolt that the standard mirrors — RPO DE2, DL8 or DL3 do not use. A truck built from the factory with standard mirrors will not have this additional fourth hole in the door to mount the camper mirrors. At this time it is recommended to NOT install camper mirrorson a truck built with standard mirrors.

• 2 months later...

do trailer tow mirrors come with Max Trailer Package

No they do not come with it standard on the LTZ you have to have Max trailer in order to get them though. Also they are a no cost option on the LTZ.

DPN Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, manual-folding and extending, black. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 50 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 20 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable)

1 - Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror. Requires (NHT) Max Trailering Package.

2 - Requires (NHT) Max Trailering Package. -- A1 A2

camper mirrors:

Not avail on sl

Note 1 - sle

Note 2 - slt

Only available with Max Trailering pkg

• 1 month later...

I have an 8' wide travel trailer, and I can not see around it with the standard truck mirrors. I had aftermarket slide on mirrors for my 2010 Tahoe, but they are not yet available for the new 2014s. I searched everywhere for a solution, but in the end, I decided the factory tow mirrors had the best visibility, and weren't as ugly as the aftermarket strap ons. Down the road, new alternatives will become available, but they are not here now. Good luck.

And I had to have my salesman add the mirrors to my Max Tow Package. They were not something that was "checkable" when I built it on the Chevrolet web site.

Anyone have experience with the aftermarket to mirrors? They are half the price of the oem ones.

i bought after market towing mirrors for my 02 silverado. i bought mirrors that went on a 03-07 classic for the signal mirrors and i had them for about a year before i traded them in and i had no issues with them. they were plug and play (although i had to rewire them since i bought the wrong year model mirrors.

Edit: mine were from ebay and they were around 200 for both or maybe 250.

Anyone have experience with the aftermarket to mirrors? They are half the price of the oem ones.

Bought aftermarket tows off amazon for 150 a piece back when I had my 03 Silverado and they were great for the price,easy install and looked like factory mirrors. Only problem was the passenger mirror would shake a little bit at highway speeds

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope they end up looking good on the truck....I ordered my 6.2 with max trailer 2 weeks ago and went with the tow mirrors also. I am hoping that if they don't look good that they will be easy to swap out with the standard mirrors.

Not sure if that will work. I know you can't go the other way as the tow mirrors on the 14 have 4 mounting holes instead of 3 on the standard mirror. The door is also reinforced on the trucks with factory tow mirrors.

Craig

Archived