Tow Mirrors

Does anybody have door panel and wire hareness removal and installation directions? I found all the parts online from a GM supplier for a total of $786.12 and if I do it myself thats not to bad but don't know how hard the harnesses are to change because I currently don't have signals and would really love to add them.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have door panel and wire hareness removal and installation directions? I found all the parts online from a GM supplier for a total of $786.12 and if I do it myself thats not to bad but don't know how hard the harnesses are to change because I currently don't have signals and would really love to add them.

Did you check the mirror connectors for terminals in pins 5 and 13? If you check the male side of the connector, looking into it, pin 5 is top row, second from left, pin 13 is bottom row, all the way to the right.

Did you check the mirror connectors for terminals in pins 5 and 13? If you check the male side of the connector, looking into it, pin 5 is top row, second from left, pin 13 is bottom row, all the way to the right.

No I did not check the pins. I am ASSUMING because I already don't have integrated run signals those slots will be empty as stated in the bulletin. I know thats a big assumption but I honestly don't want to take the door apart to check it without having the mirrors and parts onhand. Everything I have read states that if it wasn't there before it won't be there now just by adding new mirrors with turn signals. The bulletin only gives part numbers with integrated turn signals, don't make sense to me, I would love to have them but really don't need them just heat and power work for me.

I haven't tried taking these door panels off yet, don't know how difficult or easy they are and don't have a clue how far the harness goes if I have to change into the truck. Can't imagine they go much farther than just inside the truck because they really aren't that expensive. It's really the mirrors that really expensive out of all this.

Hey guy well I went and bought these mirrors off ebay ..so ill guini pig them..at first glace you would have a hard time telling they arent gm..really nice and seem well built , Im not sure you could tell the difference..anyway heres some install pix and comments. I also decided it wasnt worth the hassle to make signals work so they have power and heat which both work flawlessly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380941353749?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1st remove this start at bottom and pry off slowly..

6ACACAF1-BAAC-4F63-B6D5-7669DA81039B_zps

next remove small cover here with pick

7ED823C5-8BD2-4764-B5C5-ECBBA2C565BF_zps

and here

8C500A3A-3089-43AF-AB0A-758C398E2DE8_zps

now remove 6 screws 2 on bottom of door, 1 behind handle, 2 inside grab area and 1 here behind armrest panel.

E3036D6D-E9DD-4FF2-B31A-97FDD46D6D47_zps

Start at bottom of hinge side and pull off door panel enogh to release pins. I didnt have to totall remove panel only release it. Then remove the mirror cover it is tucked under door panel and attched with pin on both sides just go slow...

BA994F07-FEDD-4E01-9589-ED76254DAB2B_zps

next pry door panel out and you will see the connector..release the tab and disconnect..

3C0A46F9-A915-450C-A95F-0F45D2D9501F_zps

remove mirror bolts

next use punch and drill hole for 4th mounting bolt here

3127AEBA-A269-408C-876E-D322F7972A34_zps

like so

26B2A8B1-B57E-47A3-AE0E-03CFC50343A1_zps

now mount mirror and plug in using the supplied pins to hold wires in door

2E71D2D1-C02A-4470-9A14-657A7DE5915D_zps

dont lose these little connectors on the back of arm rest panel/..

15E4E74E-0708-4BA5-A59A-8B5F62023171_zps

put everything back carefully all together it took about a hour to do both sides and here they are ..now I can tow my camper...! hope this helps someone..

DE14DC9B-4AF5-4541-967C-FE3504A4757D_zps

B09E3468-A049-47FF-9127-21B766C497B6_zps

Thanks for the pics and the update. I am thinking that trying to add the turn signals just might not be worth it either. I have saw those on ebay and was wondering if they were any good or not. I only have power and heat and it may just stay that way.

This is my first post, this thread help out a lot. I went with the OEM tow mirrors and just had them smoothed and painted. I love how they came out. Although it was hard to find someone that wanted to smooth them, or pant them. Here are a couple pics...

IMG_1624JPG3_zpsa3d6abba.jpg

IMG_1627JPG3_zps649b94af.jpg

I think I'm just gonna stick with the power and heat mirrors. Adding blinkers and/or power fold seems like a PITA.

Anyone have a link for those mirrors for a 2014 Silverado? All the ones I see on eBay are for the 08-13s.

Thanks much.

I think I'm just gonna stick with the power and heat mirrors. Adding blinkers and/or power fold seems like a PITA.

Anyone have a link for those mirrors for a 2014 Silverado? All the ones I see on eBay are for the 08-13s.

Thanks much.

Post 229 has them

This is my first post, this thread help out a lot. I went with the OEM tow mirrors and just had them smoothed and painted. I love how they came out. Although it was hard to find someone that wanted to smooth them, or pant them. Here are a couple pics...

They came out great!! Glad I could help. [emoji106]

That is one bad azz truck!! And GO NOLES!!

I just order the ones from eBay with no turn signal cus regardless my WT doesn't have turn signals on the mirror lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

248 ish is hard to pass up. and straight p&p is even better.

Archived