Tow Mirrors

Its a 4 bolt I drilled the extra hole for it I'm pretty sure there tight.

Hmmm. If it was the three bolt I would point to that. Cant comment on the shaking while extended as I dont have tow mirrors. I would assume the factory ones are stable while out. May be the drawback to non oem. Im sure someone will chime in that has some.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. If it was the three bolt I would point to that. Cant comment on the shaking while extended as I dont have tow mirrors. I would assume the factory ones are stable while out. May be the drawback to non oem. Im sure someone will chime in that has some.

mine will be here tomorrow, the picture of what i order looks to be 3 bolts and if it is I'm thinking of just welding the 4th bolt to give it that extra strength.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mine will be here tomorrow, the picture of what i order looks to be 3 bolts and if it is I'm thinking of just welding the 4th bolt to give it that extra strength.

It looks like the spot is there, its just missing the bolt so that should be pretty easy. Keep us posted. And road wind results.

It looks like the spot is there, its just missing the bolt so that should be pretty easy. Keep us posted. And road wind results.

for sure I'll let you guys know after I install them.

y8apu2yn.jpgureba3a2.jpgjepy2a5y.jpgthey just came in. The feel really well put together. Only 3 bolts come on it but where the 4th one goes it already has thread. All you need is to go to home depot and buy a bolt that fits on that thread, a lock tight washer and nut screw it on and done. No welding needed. I'll see if I can install them today.

That's not the part number for powerfold. That's the part number for the regular tow mirrors with the blinker, heat, and power.

The powerfold are not available for sale yet.

Oh what I was thinking if the new wire loom had the turn signal wire in it than it may have the power fold wire as well

y8apu2yn.jpgureba3a2.jpgjepy2a5y.jpgthey just came in. The feel really well put together. Only 3 bolts come on it but where the 4th one goes it already has thread. All you need is to go to home depot and buy a bolt that fits on that thread, a lock tight washer and nut screw it on and done. No welding needed. I'll see if I can install them today.

Good deal. That makes it even easier.

Just got done installing the eBay tow mirrors I order. Thanks to @155 he's instructions are dead on. Really important thing, the boomerang shape trim piece, if it doesn't come out with the silver clips make sure you remove them by hand or else you will loose them behind the door when putting the trim piece back. The extra bolt needed you can either use one of the stock mirrors or buy some that fit on the thread. The stock ones have a star shape head for a certain type of screw. I'll post pictures of how it looks tomorrow cus is dark right now. nuhu4a2u.jpga9ymyquh.jpgyga3ebup.jpg

Just got done installing the eBay tow mirrors I order. Thanks to @155 he's instructions are dead on. Really important thing, the boomerang shape trim piece, if it doesn't come out with the silver clips make you sure you remove them by hand or else you will loose them behind the door when putting the trim piece back. The extra bolt needed you can either use one of the stock mirrors or buy some that fit on the thread. The stock ones have a star shape head for a certain type of screw. I'll post how it looks now picture tomorrow cus is night right now. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Get some beer, and get after it. No night night time yet.... Well, I guess those'll do for now... :lol:

Power on them work, well only the top part of the mirror, the blind spot mirror is manual. Not sure if is normal, this are my first towing mirrors.

9ezy8eba.jpgysedu9a7.jpgthey look sexy, they are on the tough side to fold in so my guess they won't shake to much at 65mph but I'll find out when I head to work.

I see what people mean by them being shaky, is the actual big glass that shakes a little from all the bumps. Nothing you can't live with, the frame is firm and the blind spot mirror doesn't shake at all. Might be just cus the other mirror is a lot bigger and it doesn't have a lot of support behind it. Being able to see better with this mirrors counters the shakiness. 8/10 for me.

I see what people mean by them being shaky, is the actual big glass that shakes a little from all the bumps. Nothing you can't live with, the frame is firm and the blind spot mirror doesn't shake at all. Might be just cus the other mirror is a lot bigger and it doesn't have a lot of support behind it. Being able to see better with this mirrors counters the shakiness. 8/10 for me.

Thanks for the feedback. Truck is looking great.

Archived