Tow Mirrors

Those are NOT for 2014/2015 new body. Those are 2007-2013 1/2 ton and 2007-2014 HD.

Thanks. I was just confused because i had put my truck info and it says "this will fit your 2015 Silverado 1500 LT Z71"

Maybe they would caught it when I gave them my VIN at time of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, after reading the thread multiple times and also PI1255D, I have RPO DL8 from the factory, and when switching to DPN Camper mirrors, the install guide says no mirror switch and "as required" for the door harnesses. Anyone out there with DL8 that has done this swap can tell me if you needed the harness or not??? I guess due to "content differences" the x510 and x610 connectors differ.

Okay, after reading the thread multiple times and also PI1255D, I have RPO DL8 from the factory, and when switching to DPN Camper mirrors, the install guide says no mirror switch and "as required" for the door harnesses. Anyone out there with DL8 that has done this swap can tell me if you needed the harness or not??? I guess due to "content differences" the x510 and x610 connectors differ.

Outside Rearview Mirror Package Installation (Instruction P/N 23371780). If you are trying to install the new style camper mirrors (LED running amber front lights, LED rear spot lights), you need...driver and passenger door harnesses, camper mirror harness retrofit kit, BCM calibrations and the mirror package. The crucial piece to make it all work is not available yet, the camper mirror harness retrofit kit. Door harnesses are required for putting tow mirrors on ALL trucks.

If you are installing the launch style tow mirrors (the old style) you still need door harnesses but no retrofit kit or BCM calibration.

Both style mirrors, you may or may not have to sill drill the 4th mount hole. This applies mainly to trucks not built at Flint. Ft. Wayne and Silao, unless they have the tow mirrors on them, are 3 hole doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I realize I'm late to the party but recently bought a 2015 chevy silverado 1500, was looking into some towing mirrors for it and came across these on summit racing at what i believe is a decent price, do you know if these would be plug in play or would I end up with more work then that? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ksc-62075-76ge/overview/make/gmc/model/sierra-2500-hd

I realize I'm late to the party but recently bought a 2015 chevy silverado 1500, was looking into some towing mirrors for it and came across these on summit racing at what i believe is a decent price, do you know if these would be plug in play or would I end up with more work then that? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ksc-62075-76ge/overview/make/gmc/model/sierra-2500-hd

I looked at those and was not convinced they would work.

These will: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Power-Heated-Towing-Driver-Passenger-Pair-for-Sierra-Silverado-/371132521780?hash=item566938dd34:g:LvwAAOSwqu9VNm0S&vxp=mtr

kmurdock, for the most part I would say yes. However, there are these mirrors that look just like my factory 2015 power-fold tow mirrors but do not power-fold. Price seems decent though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23372181-2015-2016-Silverado-Siera-OEM-Expandable-Chrome-Camping-Tow-Mirrors-GM-/181923313338?hash=item2a5b7976ba:g:5j0AAOSwI-BWFqaT&vxp=mtr

So am i correct in saying the new chrome tow mirrors are power folding and the black ones arnt? Or did i come up with that in a dream?

I think you came up with that in a dream lol. They sell both kinds but powerfold are usually close to 1g. At shopchevyparts.com you can get them with no powerfold little over $500 for chrome and little over 400 for black.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

What do you think my factory power fold tow mirrors are worth and what would a fair trade price be for a set of DL3 mirrors? Do I need new door harnesses for DL3 mirrors on a 2015 LTZ with the max tow package?

Thanks

I sold my chrome power folding towing mirrors for $800. Bought a set of DL3 mirrors for $400. I did have to replace the drivers side door harness to get the auto dim feature to work though. I have a 2015 6.2 max tow..

just got my tow mirrors installed on my 14 sierra 1500 along with all 3 required harnesses. everything works like it should but I am very disappointed that the cargo lights turn off when you put the truck in reverse. that was one of the key features I wanted was the side spots for backing the trailer up. Am I missing something or is that just the way they work?

just got my tow mirrors installed on my 14 sierra 1500 along with all 3 required harnesses. everything works like it should but I am very disappointed that the cargo lights turn off when you put the truck in reverse. that was one of the key features I wanted was the side spots for backing the trailer up. Am I missing something or is that just the way they work?

i believe that was the only feature that they have not been able to figure out yet, honestly they don't work too great for that purpose. Attest from what I've seen using mine

Archived