Introducing the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe & GMC Yukon

Hey guys, is anybody else bummed out about the lack of color choice? I drive a blue GMC and love it. Was really looking forward to a new blue Yukon in the future, but guess that won't be happening (unless I get a custom paint job). Why did they pull the blue metallic color altogether? Not enough sales?

Look at the photo below. Doesn't it look pretty? I edited it myself with Photoshop.

You can order the WA 5665 Blue off the special order color chart for the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL, waiting time is about 6 weeks.

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/20120806164202560.pdf

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can order the WA 5665 Blue off the special order color chart for the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL, waiting time is about 6 weeks.

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/20120806164202560.pdf

Hey thanks for this! Where did you get this information? As far as I know, special ordering colors from GM is only if you need a fleet vehicle or if you're ordering a large number of vehicles that need that same color. How do I contact them to make sure? Do you think they'll allow me to order one in WA 9792 (Indigo Blue)?

Hey thanks for this! Where did you get this information? As far as I know, special ordering colors from GM is only if you need a fleet vehicle or if you're ordering a large number of vehicles that need that same color. How do I contact them to make sure? Do you think they'll allow me to order one in WA 9792 (Indigo Blue)?

When you click on the link above, there is a page 2 that tells you what models get which colors. In the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL you only have 2 blues to choose from, WA 5665 blue and WA 722J Dark Blue Metallic.

I visited with the salesman that orders the vehicles and colors for the local GM dealership and was told after the order was placed they have seen as little as 2 weeks and as long as 6 months for a special order. I think GM likes to see a dozen of the same colors ordered before they paint a particular color.

• 2 weeks later...

When you click on the link above, there is a page 2 that tells you what models get which colors. In the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL you only have 2 blues to choose from, WA 5665 blue and WA 722J Dark Blue Metallic.

I visited with the salesman that orders the vehicles and colors for the local GM dealership and was told after the order was placed they have seen as little as 2 weeks and as long as 6 months for a special order. I think GM likes to see a dozen of the same colors ordered before they paint a particular color.

Oh, didn't even see the second page!! Thanks so much, what a relief. GM hasn't totally eliminated the blue colors! I wonder if they'd let me choose WA 9792 and throw in a Denali's HID headlights if I was nice enough.. :fingersx:

Archived