Introducing the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe & GMC Yukon

we'll the denali looks a bit, well , luxurious interior but with a ugly interior. But seriously i just HOPE that the transmission wont change by 2016.

but the good thing, is its more quieter than the current one, with a bit more real leather rather than half the car filled with plastic.

Any idea when it'll be ready for the market?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I think this is comparable to the bad design (pinched front end) of the Silverados/Sierra starting with the 2003 model. There was a big backlash against the move to that look. When the 2006s came out, I know I cheered. I think GM just made the same mistake here. Now I haven't read what GM has in store for these vehicles long-term, but if they are trying to go the Explorer route and turn it more into a car than a truck, I think they are missing out on the niche that they have here. The guys I know who buy these vehicles buy them for one of two reasons. One, they have a large family that can't fit into a crew cab truck but need the big vehicle to tow a large boat, camper, etc. Or two, they need a large vehicle for whatever reason but are vehemently against getting a minivan and like the truck-like look and ride.

I don't get why the Suburban/Tahoe has diverged so far from the Silverado (and the same on the GMC side). I liked when the front-ends were the same. And so here we are in this perplexing situation where a brand new truck has just been released and is getting rave reviews for everything about it, including its looks, but the ugly SUV is released. This image where people slapped the new Silverado grill on the front of the Suburban looks SO much better than what was just released today.

2014-chevrolet-suburban.jpg

It's badass! Kind of how the new Dodge Durango looks pretty badass. Instead, we get something that looks like a Ford Flex or Explorer. I mean, can you imagine the Secret Service tooling around in the 2015 Surbuan? It just won't look right. I have a feeling they will be ordering the GMCs from here on out. Or maybe a different grill will be offered for the Chevys that will make them tolerable.

I know that any big release like this is kind of shocking to the system and the new looks have a way of growing on you, but I'm not so sure this time. I think they missed the mark on this one and turning off their core buyers.

Very nice overall. I dislike the odd eyelash on the tahoe headlight. Also, the tahoe look like large versions of the equinox from the front. The yukon is clearly mimicking the terrain. The body ques are very similar. I understand family appearances, but making a flagship look like a little brother is not creative. I dig the tahoe lines and love the medium brown interior.

If all I saw was the front on either one of them, I would swear they were both mini-vans. They lost their "toughness" which is what I liked about the SUVs from GM.

Sadly, I find myself eyeing up the Jeeps now. Especially the Grand Cherokee.

Wow, I think this is comparable to the bad design (pinched front end) of the Silverados/Sierra starting with the 2003 model. There was a big backlash against the move to that look. When the 2006s came out, I know I cheered.

Almost the exact same front end as 2003??? :confused:

Couple of Quick Observations and comments.

Why Does GM half ass everything they do?

1) Why do they not offer the 6.2 in the Suburban? They Used to.....I want a 4x4 not AWD so I can select what to be in and have 4 low.

2) Why not bring in the 8 speed Auto at redesign instead of constantly updating each model year to date the last. I like upgrades, but hate to purchase and have mine outdated the next year. Do it right the first time. You sideline educated buyers when you do this stuff.

3) Why do you release so early that you do not have an actual release date and pricing. How about have everything inline, so that if I like what I see I can price and order.

Those are my mine complaints with GM.

As far as the new body, It is not bad and will grow on me. The front ends seem mini-van like.

Based on the pictures, the interior is a score and looks well thought out. I will have to see in person. The fold flat seats should have been done in 07, so nice change but way over do.

Nobody has said anything about a 2500 series? Are they discontinuing that line up? all the chrome drives me nuts. lets see a Z71 model or a SLE or LS model.

Yeah, I've gotten a lot of looks and comments at my LTZ being body color and polished aluminum. Had a girl tell me it was "beautiful" one day. Wish chrome delete was an option.

Archived