Introducing the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe & GMC Yukon

For those who are disappointed in the way they look: What about it do you not like?

Conversely, if you do like the new styling, what do you like about it?

Headlamps on the Chevy look too Explorer-ish. I know both are going for a look similar to the rest of the SUVs in each brand but honestly they should be different. I liked how the "concept" rendering looked with the Tahoe/Suburban that was essentially a wagon-ized K2.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The front clip of the Chevy is a disaster in every way. The headlights and grille are the worst part for me. The interior is amazing though. Whoever designed it needs a raise. Would be nice if the pickups adopt this interior in a few years if they do a refresh.

Exactly, the front end ruins the entire Tahoe and Suburban. Almost like how GM put the ugly square front end on the rather roundish 2003 to 2006 GMT800 Chevrolet trucks and ruined the entire truck. As I mentioned above, I am also not a fan of the rear doors on the Tahoe/Yukon and it is concerning they may not have rocker panels below the doors again. The Yukon looks okay, but not great. Absolutely love the interior though! It is apparent the exterior design engineer doesn’t share the same taste as the interior engineer.

Oh, one more thing I noticed. The Mini Clubman’ish taillights don’t compliment the Yukon any!

The Tahoe looks better to me and it's pretty ugly. That pointy fender in the headlight is just stupid looking. The rear quarter of both models looks like a clone from a competitor - poor design!

I've favored the GMCs (Sierras/Yukons) of late more and this model is just hideous. That snout frontend just destroys the whole vehicle. The Denali is just slightly more tolerable but this desire to have the biggest grill just ruins a great platform.

On the positive, the interior is very nice and a good improvement over the latest truck interiors (ugly).

We definitely will not be upgrading any of our GMCs with this round of designs.

Very, very disappointed in GM... :nonod: ...again!! :idiot:

I disagree with the first, IMO they're the best looking truck ever made.

But you have to admit, this front end is way better than the one they went with. An SUV wears it better than the trucks.

Yes Sir 03 to 07 Classic has the best looking front end of any Chevy truck IMO.

Ok, here is my take on GM's efforts. Like everyone, I believe they missed the mark on the exterior. It looks like they are trying to chase Ford's design cues.

On the other hand, I want that interior in the new Silverado!!

In my opinion they would have hit it out of the park if they put that interior in this generation Tahoe or Yukon. In fact given that interior in one of today's models, I'd be headed to the dealer right now.

Sadly, while I was waiting for the next generation Tahoe for my next vehicle, I am now going to consider something else.

The lousy thing is, GM absolutely owns the fullsize SUV market. I hardly ever see new Expeditions, its like Ford gave up on the market, they still use the awful 5.4. I don't even know if Nissan still sells the Armada and a Sequoia is a rare sight too. So they can be ugly but they'll still sell like mad.

Here are some new photos I just received. I think it gives a slightly different look than the official press shots and come from the unveiling events in LA and NYC.

Maybe the Tahoe/Suburban isn't so bad with that LED strip in the middle of the headlight.

2015ChevySUVsNYC01.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC03.jpg2015ChevySUVsNYC04.jpg

2015GMCYukonsLA01.jpg2015GMCYukonsLA02.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC01.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC03.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC04.jpg

2015GMCYukonsLA01.jpg

2015GMCYukonsLA02.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC01.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC03.jpg

2015ChevySUVsNYC04.jpg

2015GMCYukonsLA01.jpg