MYLink and IPhone with Google Maps not working

MrWizard

This doesn't work. I got in truck this morning and tried this and it is already set to this automatically when it Bluetooth connects for the phone. So it is the my link system that is muting the sounds other than phone. :-( Wish they would fix that. Or at least let the phone play those sounds.

Odd. When I do it I get my text and email alerts back to the phone but can still use the Bluetooth phone functions. Is the Chevy version different from the GMC version?

This doesn't work. I got in truck this morning and tried this and it is already set to this automatically when it Bluetooth connects for the phone. So it is the my link system that is muting the sounds other than phone. :-( Wish they would fix that. Or at least let the phone play those sounds.

Odd. When I do it I get my text and email alerts back to the phone but can still use the Bluetooth phone functions. Is the Chevy version different from the GMC version?

I just read you original post. And I did not put settings back to phone. I just went in and saw my link and thought it was right already. Too early, must have still been asleep. :-)

I'll try this again at lunch.

Yes, the fix did work as you stated. That is great at least I know there is a work around. Not sure why MyLink (Infotainment) has not corrected the issue because it has been going on for some time now not only for the IPhone but for the Android as well. I plan to call Infotainment general support in the next couple of days and I will let you know what they say.

I talked with Infotainment General Support last night about the problem that I and several other people are having with the MYLink system and the IPhone and Android phones. The gal I talked with was very nice however the advice she read from her screen was very close to what I thought she would say. She told me that they are aware of the problem with the IPhone and because they are using their own chipset with the phone it is very hard to program up correctly. So, the only solution she could offer was in order for me to use Google maps from my IPhone was that I would have to disconnect the Bluetooth connection between the MYlink System and the IPhone. REALLY – Infotainment General (GM)!!! This is not an acceptable answer.

SOAPBOX

Really GM for a couple of years now you have been promoting this new MYLink System as your next greatest audio system in years and your programmers can’t figure out how to make it work correctly with IPhones and Android phones? If I and others can
make it work correctly after performing the fix that jdcuster suggested in this forum then your programmers should be able to make it work correctly without having to do the fix each time I have my IPhone connect to the car. If your programmers can’t figure out this fix
after two years of having this same problem then I would suggest that you get better programmers.

Off soapbox

I will be sharing this comment and the link to this forum with my Chevrolet Dealer that is looking into the problem as well. FYI: They
have been looking into this problem for almost a month now and they haven’t found anything out at least I haven’t heard from them. I would suggest that everyone who is having this problem contact their respective Chevrolet Dealer and demand that this be fixed.

Thanks again for your suggestion on a quick fix jdcuster.

Updated images for anyone using an iPhone with iOS7...

To quickly access the AirPlay settings, swipe up from the bottom of your screen (even if its locked) and tap the name name of your truck's system to bring up the option to put sound back to the phone. The setting still doesn't stick. Every time the phone and truck connect it will default to the truck.

photo_1.pngphoto_2.png

• 2 months later...

I know this in an old thread but I thought I would share. Although I don't have a good fix for the phone sounds to come across bluetooth to the truck but if you are looking for a good navigation app that works the way it should try Waze. There is an option in the sound settings that reads 'Prefer Bluetooth' if you turn that on no matter what you are listening to XM, FM/AM it will interrupt the sound and play the turn by turn directions. It appears to be an app or phone problem since the Mylink technology is fairly new I don't think the phones know how to deal with Mylink. The phone sound setting will need to have this same option in the future for it to work properly.

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your MyLink. If you have not already, Infotainment General Support are great at answering any question or concern you may have with technology in your vehicle. Here is their number 855-478-7767.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

The "Infotainment" group is lousy at answering questions. The only thing they do is find out what vehicle you've got, then read you the manual. They're not good at all with interpreting the manual or helping with gliches.

The only thing they were good for was directing me to my dealer. Apparently each dealer is supposed to have a person or persons certified in handling these Mylink or infotainment issues. Over the phone, the first service guy I spoke with was able to figure out my problem and helped me correct it without ever referring to a manual, and he did it in plain English.

The "Infotainment" group is lousy at answering questions. The only thing they do is find out what vehicle you've got, then read you the manual. They're not good at all with interpreting the manual or helping with gliches.

The only thing they were good for was directing me to my dealer. Apparently each dealer is supposed to have a person or persons certified in handling these Mylink or infotainment issues. Over the phone, the first service guy I spoke with was able to figure out my problem and helped me correct it without ever referring to a manual, and he did it in plain English.

He'll never get a job with Sirius-XM!

I think there is a bug to this. Sometimes after a phone call the google maps will suddenly "call" the truck from my phone when it needs to talk. Any others notice this?
yes, when I'm listening to a voicemail on my phone.

It seems normal to me that you don't hear text/emails/phone navigation prompts if you listen to radio/cd, I have never thought of this as a problem.

I think the system treats those sounds as music- once you quit Bluetooth you'll no longer hear them vs a phone call which will make a sound no matter if you're listening to radio/pandora/cd etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Sorry to beat a dead topic but I ham having the same issue still a year later and my local dealer is being no help. Has Chevrolet fixed the iPhone Bluetooth problem or is it still on-going?

• 1 month later...

While iphone is connected by Bluetooth and while en route, on phone click on the bottom right Bluetooth screen. There make sure intelilink is selected and click to allow HFP prompts.

Now you can get turn by turn without having it as the source. This is only as long as Bluetooth connected.

While iphone is connected by Bluetooth and while en route, on phone click on the bottom right Bluetooth screen. There make sure intelilink is selected and click to allow HFP prompts.

Now you can get turn by turn without having it as the source. This is only as long as Bluetooth connected.

Can you take a screen shot of this and post it? I can't find what you are talking about.

Archived