Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Yes, the 2016 has a different harness on the rear tail lamp. And yes the backup bulb is a standard 921 bulb.

I was disappointed in the 921 bulb as well, doesn't make sense but is easily fixed, did a comparison on factory vs the replacement I put in:

ea33dcf4e67c4d22a93448a85fbad994.jpg

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

hi guys ,I know this subject is not actual anymore but i`m still looking for a harness to convert my 2015 sle headlights into slt led.anyone have one for sale?

Edited by lucian

Its all done ,led lights all around,2016 sierra denali led headlights and tail lights from GM on my 2014 denali,also led plate lights,back up lights,cargo lights and fog lights,big difference in light output.

Do you have pictures? What did you use as far as wiring goes?

I'm about to order a set of the 2016 SLT LED headlights for my 2015 SLT, as well as the Gen5 harness. Does anyone know if there are still issues with overheating/melting of any component? I just want to be sure before I buy them.

Thanks

Josh

• Like 1

I'm about to order a set of the 2016 SLT LED headlights for my 2015 SLT, as well as the Gen5 harness. Does anyone know if there are still issues with overheating/melting of any component? I just want to be sure before I buy them.

Thanks

Josh

Ill know this week. I've been in the Caribbean and haven't gotten around to installing my lights yet. Make sure you tell them you have an SLT and want SLT lights. The SLT harness is different from the SLE. That was part of my delay also, Had to make another harness for SLT/SLT conversion. Ill try to get them in tomorrow and upload some pics.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just picked up a 2015 Sierra SLE and I am just noticing I have no daytime running lights....so I go looking for a fuse and find none...so then to Dr Google and I am reading all these posts about the trim levels vs headlights on this year truck, it even appears that in order to have daytime running lights the trim level needs to be SLT or higher...crap I hope this is not the case.

I would appreciate any advise/expertise on this specifically and thanks in advance.

You are correct. 2014-2015 SLE trim do not have led daytime running lights if that is what you are looking for.  They use the headlight as a daytime running light.  You can upgrade to the SLT or even go to the 2016+ HID or LED headlights with an adapter harness.