Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Does anyone on here have the part numbers for the led headlights and wiring harness that comes on the slt. I just paid 59000 for a 2015 duramax sle and I did not know that the led lights only came on the slt or I might have considered the slt. Thanks for any help.

You realize that the LEDs will not work during the day as DRL's? If you do the swap, the LEDs will only come on at night with headlights.

Even if I swap out the harness.

ibleedgreen found out it's a programming issue, not wiring. If you read this topic from page 1, you'll see what he posted.

I never heard if he got the dealer to make them work and unfortunately his status shows he hasn't been online in 2 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Ibleedgreen did they just have to change the lights and light harness or have to change other things. I am in th process of getting this done on my truck but my deer is still trying to figure out what they need. Any info u have or part numbers would be great. Thanks

Ibleedgreen did they just have to change the lights and light harness or have to change other things. I am in th process of getting this done on my truck but my deer is still trying to figure out what they need. Any info u have or part numbers would be great. Thanks

Can't remember which headlight this is but:

That's all I've got, can't help with the other headlamp or wiring harness.

But fyi, the SLT headlights are apparently not compatible with SLE's even with the complete wiring harness swap.

At $600.00 each side + harness + figuring out a way to make them work I decided the LED's don't look all that cool anymore... Maybe for $600.....? Aftermarket will figure out a cheaper (hopefully a equal quality duplicate) way eventually, probably. .

• 1 month later...

Hey guys and gals. So I bought a pair of slt headlights for my sle, bought them for 200$. Got them home and pluged them into my light harness, they work the same way my sle ones do but with no leds at all. I still get low and high beams and the orange runner's but no leds at all. From what I am seeing the black and red wire are running the low and hi beam.green yellow and black are running into there own seperate area behind the orange marker light. Witch leaves a blue white and brown wire that I think is powering the leds.also when I take the housing out that covers the light bulb for replacement, there is a black orange red and grey wires that look like they are going to the top leds witch doesn't make sence to me. I dont mind being the ginne pig since it only cost me a 100$ a light. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Hey guys and gals. So I bought a pair of slt headlights for my sle, bought them for 200$. Got them home and pluged them into my light harness, they work the same way my sle ones do but with no leds at all. I still get low and high beams and the orange runner's but no leds at all. From what I am seeing the black and red wire are running the low and hi beam.green yellow and black are running into there own seperate area behind the orange marker light. Witch leaves a blue white and brown wire that I think is powering the leds.also when I take the housing out that covers the light bulb for replacement, there is a black orange red and grey wires that look like they are going to the top leds witch doesn't make sence to me. I dont mind being the ginne pig since it only cost me a 100$ a light. Thanks guys!

Unfortunately the internal wiring of the SLT headlights is much more complex than it appears. There's 4 to 6 wires going to each of the LED strip boards.

post-34923-0-04418200-1396052583.jpg

post-34923-0-04418200-1396052583_thumb.jpg

Edited by MotoMedic

im from canada bud, thats gonna cost you more than what it would be to buy them where your from.

Maybe, give me a shipping price to 70506 and we will go from there. I pm'd you btw