Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a 2014 Sierra SLE but I had it worked into my deal to have the headlights swapped for the SLT version with LEDs. And by the way, the entire harness under the hood has to be swapped also if you are thinking of doing this.

My question is to the guys with the headlights w/ LEDs . Can you give me the break down of when the LEDs are on? From what I'm seeing on mine the upper and lower LEDs come on with the parking lights and also when the projector lamps are on. For some reason I thought the LEDs also took the place of the daytime running lights. Where as my projector low beam currently still acts as daytime just like the SLE headlights. I thought it was the lower LEDs for daytime.?

Thanks!

Have you found out anything about this swap and making the LEDs work for the day time running lights? I have the same issue

The BCM will have to be reprogrammed for the SLT lights. Those of you interested might pm GTP Chris on this forums. He is the one in the infotainment forum. He has a way to access the BCM and change it's programming. I am tempted to send mine in and have home change some of the features I am not happy with (fog lights have to be turned on at each use and no express up for all windows).

The BCM will have to be reprogrammed for the SLT lights. Those of you interested might pm GTP Chris on this forums. He is the one in the infotainment forum. He has a way to access the BCM and change it's programming. I am tempted to send mine in and have home change some of the features I am not happy with (fog lights have to be turned on at each use and no express up for all windows).

Who do I contact? And can the dealer do it? They put the headlights in

Dealer can not.

If someone wants to FedEx me a spare working Sierra headlight, I'll be happy to bake it, open it, and see if I can find a wiring solution. I figure it'd be possible to detect the exact voltage/amperage each wire carries to signal the LED boards to turn on and then just replicate those same inputs.

That said, I'm just still not willing to spend $300 plus on a third SLT headlight that I'll have no need for after inspecting the wiring just to have the LEDs come more.

no the dealer cant do it, with the change to the global computer system GM is now using the days of a dealer hooking up to the truck and changing features is gone. I asked them last month when I removed the trailer brake controller from mine as it trips a message on the DIC when the controller is removed from the harness. Dealer said the way it is setup now they have to input your VIN into the system and it will only flash the calibration for your vehicle, no way to use another vehicles VIN anymore via the dealer system.

I saw an SLE AT at the dealer with SLT headlights and as an option add on, thought it was kind of weird.

I believe both the SLT and SLE All Terrain Sierra's have the LED headlights. I don't think there's a way to tell the difference between the two from the the outside.

Haven't seen any yet, but they shouldn't be much longer. The aftermarket taillights just started debuting last month. I'm sure when someone does come across them, you'll see a new topic posted.

If anyone hears anything about making the daytime runners work correct. I'd love to hear about it, I'm ticked the dealer said they could do it and they cant!

You mean can and won't? Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You mean can and won't? Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well I hope CAN'T It was at the dealer today all day and they said they were on the horn with GM trying to figure it out and he also said he tried to trick the LEDs to come on correctly. but said he cant change setting on the BCM like he use to be able to.