Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

So is this possible, or nah? B'cuz I want some new headlights from Santa and I need to get my list sent in asap

GTPprix is Chris White, a.k.a. White Automotive and Media Services (WAMS) http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

He said he could do the programming in the last page.

The headlights are the handwringing part for most of these guys. They run over $500 each. Then they have piss-poor performance unless modified. So, you get a couple LED bars for your $1000-1500, and the same projectors everyone is bitching about. Save your money and just have a full HID retrofit with custom LEDs done by the best guys you can find. I was considering having my lights done and found HID Illusions in Brooklyn. They seem to have the best rep I could find. There are plenty of others, but many are home garage outfits and replacing your headlights if the fit hits the shan, would not be in the cards.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

on switching the headlights on the SLE to the SLT, would you say it would not be a good decision or is it just to complicated with all the adjustments.......i purchased the GMC SLE a few weeks ago which i thought came with the LED....obviously not....but i like the look....just asking

So, it came up a few posts back on the last page that a BCM program would be able to fix the SLE/SLT conversion, but then there are no other comments from anyone as to whether GTPprix has actually done that for them.

Can anyone confirm whether there's a realistic and working solution to this? :dunno:

Ok here me out, I was thinking the other day about this while putting sound in my truck. I have a sle and of course without the led headlights, now I think I'm can just tap into power with my fog lights straight to from the headlight. Do any of you think this is practical?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone modified the SLE lights yet? I'm thinking of baking mine and fitting some led strips in the spaces where the SLT has led bars. Maybe cutting the plastic out of that area and modding in some type led setup there if I can find the some lights with good design shape for that application.

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone has taken the plunge yet. Though if you did it puts you in a catch22. There is a new BCM update to increase the voltage to the headlights and also a new set of bulbs, together those are worth about a 40% increase in light output. Bad is the SLE trucks cant get the BCM update as it doesn't apply to their trucks and I am not sure if Chris has seen a modified BCM so that he would know what to change on BCM's so they would see the same increase in output.

The BCM update does apply to the SLE, as do the new bulbs. They are on order for my '14 SLE. The update is for all '14 and '15 Sierras with the proper date codes. It doesn't apply to the Chevys.

I don't think anyone has taken the plunge yet. Though if you did it puts you in a catch22. There is a new BCM update to increase the voltage to the headlights and also a new set of bulbs, together those are worth about a 40% increase in light output. Bad is the SLE trucks cant get the BCM update as it doesn't apply to their trucks and I am not sure if Chris has seen a modified BCM so that he would know what to change on BCM's so they would see the same increase in output.

Incorrect!

Sorry, I was under the impression this only applies to the Sierra headlights that have the projector setup which I was thinking was the ones with the LED strips.

So that is good at least you can get the BCM update, still would require Chris to reprogram the BCM though to handle the SLT headlights. Then the only bad is if there is ever an update for the BCM it might over write the mod Chris does to get the SLT lights to work. then you would have to send the BCM back to him to get the SLT headlights to work again.