Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

So I bought a 2014 Sierra SLE but I had it worked into my deal to have the headlights swapped for the SLT version with LEDs. And by the way, the entire harness under the hood has to be swapped also if you are thinking of doing this.

My question is to the guys with the headlights w/ LEDs . Can you give me the break down of when the LEDs are on? From what I'm seeing on mine the upper and lower LEDs come on with the parking lights and also when the projector lamps are on. For some reason I thought the LEDs also took the place of the daytime running lights. Where as my projector low beam currently still acts as daytime just like the SLE headlights. I thought it was the lower LEDs for daytime.?

Thanks!

• Like 3

I have them on my SLT. From what I found...... don't hold me to this..

when diving during the day - the top LED are on - bright mode.

hen driving at night with the any lights on..., headlights, or parking lights, or just fog lights - the top and bottom LED's are BOTH on... but they are dimmed when compared to the above.

I really don't know. But I tell you when you try to add / change electrical things like this in these new complex trucks.. you could very well have issues. But the good thing is ...since the dealer installed... they are on the hook to figure it out.

I really don't know. But I tell you when you try to add / change electrical things like this in these new complex trucks.. you could very well have issues. But the good thing is ...since the dealer installed... they are on the hook to figure it out.

I know I was worried about that the whole time, heck they thought it would be plug and play and then they found out the hard way that the entire harness had to be swapped lol.

It is likely a BCM program that would normally be specific to the high trim trucks. Good luck getting them to reflash it to make it like the SLT.

Like mentioned above, it's their issue to figure out. All I can say is they won't give another buyer the option like I got unless they are ordering the truck straight from GM. They got screwed hard by me on this one. The sales manager said hey we will make it happen! $2k in parts and 8 service hours later....enter foot!

I hope it's just something simple they can flash but the way it's gone so far I doubt it lol.

• Like 1

The dealers still don't know anything about these trucks...

example - today I took my 2014 in the dealer to get a small thing replaced in the interior. Just a small finishing issue at the factory. Anyway.. I asked how long it would take... he said 2.5 hours.

In 45 min they were done. Apparently he was assuming it would take the same amount of time as the 2013... but come to find out the 2014 is completely different and this process was a lot faster he said... no sh$t I thought.

• Like 1

Kind of off-topic but I'm really confused why GM decided to make there be different headlights for different trims. I think both trucks look much better with there respective "top trim" headlights (LED's on the GMC and projectors on the LTZ).

There's something off about that huge Sierra SLE headlight housing with one tiny little projector in it. The LED's help fill it out.

The dealers still don't know anything about these trucks...

This for sure, I had to find the headlight part numbers and help determine another harness was needed.

Kind of off-topic but I'm really confused why GM decided to make there be different headlights for different trims. I think both trucks look much better with there respective "top trim" headlights (LED's on the GMC and projectors on the LTZ).

There's something off about that huge Sierra SLE headlight housing with one tiny little projector in it. The LED's help fill it out.

I agree and have no clue why they made different headlights, stupid in my opinion, I prefer the SLT headlight and that's why I worked it into my deal. I actually wanted the SLT w/cloth but they had a Quicksilver SLE optioned the way I wanted minus the LEDs in the headlights of course, which is why I'm in this situation. But I'm sure they will get it figured out, the hard part is done, harness and headlights installed and for the most part working correctly. Just have to get the daytime runners figured out!

Edited by ibleedgreen

The LED is an upgrade like all the other things.... and it should only be only on the SLT. Same goes for NAVI, etc, etc... If the SLT wasn't any different... they would all costs the same.

The GMT900 all used the same headlights from the work truck all the way up to the Denali.

They should at least make it an option on the SLE (without having to go All-Terrain).

Edited by 4X4Sierra5.3

I understand that... but from GM point of view.. they have to create some difference between the SLE, SLT, etc.. or you would never upgrade.... they would all be the same?

Why not put cool LED's on just the STL, AT, Denali... then more people will upgrade = more $$ for them.

Why put the cool grill on just the Denali ? Why put the special 20in wheels and cool red/black leather, carbon fiber stuff on just the All Terrain? You can go on and on.... see where I'm going with this ?

Edited by GMC-AT
  • Like 1

In the 800's only the Denali got a different headlight. I like it. I have it, but it was just a 9005 halogen in it. I think if anything different it needs to bebin Denali/High Country territory. And the SLT heads should at least be in the SLE. I always have to have upgrades programmed. It will likely be programming

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1