Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

The light was OEM surplus and the tab was probably broken before carparts even got it and wasn't damaged in shipping. There are several surplus lights on ebay and several have broken tabs. That's the gamble with surplus parts. There are reasons for parts deemed surplus. Either they never made it to the assembly line because of a flaw, imperfection, design change etc. and some parts that had an issue were taken off of vehicles before the vehicles left the plant. It's kind of pot luck when you get surplus parts. Some may be ok but some not. Depending on how picky someone is and the purpose of how the part will be used. GM crates all these parts up and sells them as surplus. A good bit cheaper but it's a chance. I ordered the new OEM (non surplus) lights from gmpartsheadquarters. They had the best price. A little more than surplus but it's a first line product.

I know about the eBay surplus lights. I've called about a few of them. These were advertised as new, non defective lights. It was definitely damaged in shipping because there was a hole in the box where the force of the tab punched through and the broken tab was in box. Also, there are two small elevated "wings" on the rear seal panel to remove the headlamp bulb and one of those snapped off as well. It was very tiny yet that little piece was in the box as well. There would be no way they'd have that little piece saved from manufacturing and ship it.

Guys working on making all the harnesses today will ship out on Monday, Have 10 set's of brand new GM OEM headlights on the way. Will be selling the pair of lights complete with harness and shipping in the Continental US for $1275.00. Retail at your local dealer with applicable core charge is $1990 just for the lights... Great deal

Guys working on making all the harnesses today will ship out on Monday, Have 10 set's of brand new GM OEM headlights on the way. Will be selling the pair of lights complete with harness and shipping in the Continental US for $1275.00. Retail at your local dealer with applicable core charge is $1990 just for the lights... Great deal

I already bought the harness can i add the lights to my order?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my lights and harness. Having trouble, only one drl light comes on but it strobes really bad. they all 4 come on fine when i cut my lights on. Little help please.

My truck has THE EXACT same issue. Contact Ofer. He'll instruct you on what to do.

Mine turn on and work properly on the DRL without strobing, maybe a relay issue?

* After closer inspection, I found that both DRL's turn on but the rt one has a slight flicker everything else is fine.Ofer explained the voltage issue and is working on remedying the situatuion right now.

Edited by MGD
  • Like 1

Like I said. Contact Ofer for anyone with the DRL issue. He said some trucks are a volt or two short from running the DRLs. Some of the camaros had same issue. Had to send my harness back for a fix.

Instead of spending so much on new lights, anyone tried to open one up and install led strips inside?

Was going this route until Gen5 came out with the harness. I had bought led tube strips, paint, butyl re-sealer and all. Still have it all sitting in my shop.

MGD where did you get your lights bud?? Thanks

I bought them new off EBAY, there were a couple of used for sale last i checked.

So do I just order the harness and hope mine doesn't do that? or did he fix this issue for any problems like that before sending out? Just trying to get info before ordering mine.

He is aware of the problem, I'm sure he won't send out the the harnesses til it's fixed. I would keep an eye on this thread and order when the fix is in.