Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Probably could but no really there's no need. Top and bottom LED's on low power are bright enough at night. The bottom LED's on high is designed as DRL's and the purpose is to be seen during the day. Bottom LED on high power at night serves no purpose because the LED's aren't designed to project and give you more light for driving plus, they may be too bright for oncoming traffic so really there's no advantage to you. I'll try to take a pic of the top and bottom on low at night and post it.

no need for the pic, thank you though. i have the lights already installed. its just that i have DDM 6k HIDs installed and it makes the low-powered LEDs look less attractive. i want to try having both the top and bottom LED on high at night

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just informing anyone interested in buying slt headlights to NOT buy from carparts.com. On the website it is listed as "IN STOCK" but they are NOT. I'm having the worst experience just trying to get a refund from these people and they are not the easiest company to get in touch with. They charge you regardless if item is out of stock. Just thought I would share this and maybe save somone some time/money /headache and hassle

I ordered from carparts last week. You are right they say in Stock but they are not. A woman called and said they were out of stock. I told her to issue me a refund. Idk what you used Teague but I used PayPal so I received my refund quickly (like 2 days later). Anyone trying to buy the surplus parts are out of luck for 3 weeks. I tried 3 different sites and called every one of them. They all use the same distributor. They told me they would email me once they got some.

Edited by ron87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is an awesome new set of GM Sierra SLT LED DRL conversion headlights that will work on SLT's or SLE's without using the special 3 relay headlight harness that also requires an additional 12V source to the fuse box. Even getting SLT lights for your SLE and using the special harness, you will still only have bottom DRL's during the day and top/bottom LED's on low power at night. This new conversion set up eliminates that. These lights have high quality switchback LED's from Diode Dynamics that carry a 3 year warranty. Top and bottom LED's are a bright white and stay on high power which are powered by a 12V source. All you need is a micro fuse tap in the fuse box to supply the voltage to the LED's (see picture) or a 12V source of your choice. Many Sierra owners want the LED's in their stock headlights to stay on full power and not go to low power at night but there was no way of doing it. These also have switchbacks LED's. The clear LED's go off and the ambers come on when the turn signals are used. No additional wiring or harness is needed for this function. It is all professionally pre-wired plug and play for SLT's or SLE's. These also have clear corner lenses installed with amber bulbs. Also installed and included are 5300K super white German halogen bulbs to close match the DRL's.

For those SLT owners who want their DRL's as top and bottom instead of just bottom and to stay on bright even with the headlights on or SLE owners who want headlights with DRL's and the same functions mentioned, here they are. Price is $1500 + $25 shipping which is very fair considering the price of the headlights, LED boards, clear corners, new 9012 bulbs and labor.

We have done 2 sets of these. One with clear corners (as pictured) and one with the stock ambers for those who prefer the amber look corners. Here is a video link demonstration of the lights. PM me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-91158-0-96931000-1440789898_thumb.j
  • post-91158-0-27143400-1440789907_thumb.j
  • post-91158-0-43557600-1440789916_thumb.j
  • post-91158-0-19097000-1440789923_thumb.j
  • post-91158-0-25552300-1440789934_thumb.j

post-91158-0-96931000-1440789898_thumb.jpg

post-91158-0-27143400-1440789907_thumb.jpg

post-91158-0-43557600-1440789916_thumb.jpg

post-91158-0-19097000-1440789923_thumb.jpg

post-91158-0-25552300-1440789934_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Damn. I'd love to have these, however I've already got my gen5 diy setup done. Love the clear corners and amber signals. Great job.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bud. We made up a few sets. One with clear corners and one with amber corners for those who prefer the stock look. Switchbacks are being used on higher end cars today and I think are used on the new Yukon and Escalade. You can always sell your set of lights :P. People are always looking for good used sets on ebay. The Gen5 harness can still be used with this setup as it keeps the headlights from coming on as the DRL's.

Lol I hear ya! We've done up the 2 sets to get them out there. These would run between $1800-$1900 with the new lights, switchback LED boards, clear corners, new 9012 bulbs and labor. So really, $1500 is a deal. After these 2 sets are sold they won't be $1500 anymore.

Do ya'll plan on selling just the clear corners? Or where can I get 'em... Thanks, lights look awesome!

Thanks. You can get them from Klearz in Canada for $106 shipped. Jeremy said these are a real pain to install and require trimming and is very time consuming. One set was done with the clears and the other is stock amber. They do look awesome though.

Edited by mafd2