Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Those are awesome! Did they do those custom for you or how did you get them? I couldnt find any information on their website.

The Retro Shop does these as a special order item. They aren't listed on the site. Jeremy of the Retro Shop did up two sets of these and I purchased one of them. If you're interested, contact Jeremy at his site. He responds very quickly to inquiries.

The Retro Shop does these as a special order item. They aren't listed on the site. Jeremy of the Retro Shop did up two sets of these and I purchased one of them. If you're interested, contact Jeremy at his site. He responds very quickly to inquiries.

I filled out the contact form earlier today. Did you sell your old ones? Anyone sell SLE headlights?? where/how much?

Thanks all

I kept my original headlights. Other than the transaction, I'm really not familiar with Jeremy's operation. The ones that I received were new OEM SLT headlights modified to perform as you see in the video. He added the switchbacks and wired in the control modules. I'm not certain that SLE headlights can be modified to house LED's. You would have to ask Jeremy about that.

Edited by AZRenegade

I filled out the contact form earlier today. Did you sell your old ones? Anyone sell SLE headlights?? where/how much?

Thanks all

I was the one who had the 2 sets made with the switchbacks. One set with clear corners and one set with stock corners. I sold both sets including one to Bill (AZrenegade) with stock corners. You will have to supply your lights to Jeremy. The 2 sets I had were new from GM and were SLT lights. SLE lights won't work. New SLT lights from GM will run about $1300. The switchbacks, labor and shipping runs about $450ish. Here's Jeremy's direct email address. [email protected]

Wonder if this Gen5DIY harness will work with the 2016 headlamps? All new GMC Sierra's come with HID's and LED DRL as standard.

Looking to make my 2014 GMC Sierra SLE work with the 2016 headlamps. Looks like they are the exaxt same form factor as the current models. My thinking is they will bolt right in.

2016-gmc-sierra-1500-denali-0009-970x647

• Like 1

I'm almost sure they will bolt on. If there is a difference in the harness I'm sure Jared and Ofer will figure it out. I like my '15 SLT LED lights. Not saying I won't entertain the option of the '16 lights if they work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonder if this Gen5DIY harness will work with the 2016 headlamps? All new GMC Sierra's come with HID's and LED DRL as standard.

Looking to make my 2014 GMC Sierra SLE work with the 2016 headlamps. Looks like they are the exaxt same form factor as the current models. My thinking is they will bolt right in.

2016-gmc-sierra-1500-denali-0009-970x647

Came here to post this. Friend just picked up a 16 and I've already been all over it looking at the lights. The brackets all look the same from what I can tell. The harness is different but should be easily modified. If I knew I could make it work I would sell my SLT lights and buy them to see. I fear I'd sell mine then be out $1700 and no headlights. I have the part #'s if anyone is willing.

The Sierra uses the new round plug now which is the standard plug across the GM fleet now. With the turns being LED, there would need to be a load resistor for the '14/'15 BCM and to prevent hyper flashing. I have the part #'s as well.

Edited by mafd2

The Sierra uses the new round plug now which is the standard plug across the GM fleet now. With the turns being LED, there would need to be a load resistor for the '14/'15 BCM and to prevent hyper flashing. I have the part #'s as well.

The resistor mod that works for the switchbacks could work.

Yea it would have to be an inline resistor. We didn't use them of our switchback headlights. We tied the LED switchbacks into the yellow turn signal wire so it uses resistance from the OEM incandescent bulb to prevent hyper flash..