Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

• 2 months later...

ibleedgreen,

any luck on getting this swap to work? I just bought an SLE and for some strange reason it has an SLE headlight on the right and SLT on the left. The left (SLT) headlight LEDs are not operational. I would like to replace the SLE light on the right with an LED unit to make 'em match and get the LEDs working, but from reading this thread it looks like it might not be reasonably doable.

Thanks,

-Dale

If all else wire the LEDs to parking lights

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the idea. We will call that "plan B." I would really like to keep the stock functionality if it can be done without pulling out too much hair.

-D

My suggestion will still give you the same night time look and functionality, but it wont make the LEDs the daytime running light

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

If all else wire the LEDs to parking lights

It's not that simple. The new K2 headlights each have their own separate ECM with 10-15 output wires inside the light housing running to the different bulbs/LEDs. The tolerances are so tight you can't see which wires go where. The only way to directly wire the LEDs would be to cut the housing open. That's a project I have planned for "one day" when I have plenty of time so I don't rush & botch it.

It's not that simple. The new K2 headlights each have their own separate ECM with 10-15 output wires inside the light housing running to the different bulbs/LEDs. The tolerances are so tight you can't see which wires go where. The only way to directly wire the LEDs would be to cut the housing open. That's a project I have planned for "one day" when I have plenty of time so I don't rush & botch it.

How about running a jumper wire from the "DRL" fuse to the "parking lamp" fuse? (excuse the slang for the exact fuse references -- haven't got my truck yet)

This seemed to work on my Escalade - I had the parking lights and DRL's running in the daytime and they would also run at night with the headlights (3 stack headlight). Just ran a simple wire from fuse --> fuse. No cutting, splicing, playing with wires, etc. and ran flawlessly for 3 years.

Moto - try this for us!

I have them on my SLT. From what I found...... don't hold me to this..

when diving during the day - the top LED are on - bright mode.

hen driving at night with the any lights on..., headlights, or parking lights, or just fog lights - the top and bottom LED's are BOTH on... but they are dimmed when compared to the above.

Dunno why yours are different but my bottom strip of LED's is on during the day. the tops only come on when the headlights are on.

Dunno why yours are different but my bottom strip of LED's is on during the day. the tops only come on when the headlights are on.

FYI: you quoted post # 2.

"Bottom LED for DRL / both LEDs w/ headlights on" was confirmed in posts 16, 17, 18, & 19.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...