Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

lol, I swear some of you don't listen.

This is not like 2 years ago where they put a VIN from a vehicle that had the features you wanted and flashed that calibration into the BCM to change things. With GM moving to the global architecture they use now the dealer has input your VIN into the system to find the calibration your vehicle has from the factory, then the stock calibration is flashed or what ever the newest version of it is into that module for that VIN.

From what I read the VIN are tied to each module and tied to the GM global system so the dealer cant change features anymore.

• Like 1

This is not like 2 years ago where they put a VIN from a vehicle that had the features you wanted and flashed that calibration into the BCM to change things. With GM moving to the global architecture they use now the dealer has input your VIN into the system to find the calibration your vehicle has from the factory, then the stock calibration is flashed or what ever the newest version of it is into that module for that VIN.

From what I read the VIN are tied to each module and tied to the GM global system so the dealer cant change features anymore

I'm just pissed the dealer blew smoke up my ass and told me they could do it, when they cant make them operate correctly

From what I read the VIN are tied to each module and tied to the GM global system so the dealer cant change features anymore.

Yup that would end up with lots of fun things like a LOCKED ODOMETER and you are pretty much f'ed at that point since it stores that event as a tamper.

Good news is my company can do the programming to make them work correctly with no issues :)

Yup that would end up with lots of fun things like a LOCKED ODOMETER and you are pretty much f'ed at that point since it stores that event as a tamper.

Good news is my company can do the programming to make them work correctly with no issues :)

But at what cost? Shoot, by the time you pay for a pair of FACTORY (money, money) set of SLT lights/harness and then have to fork out more money for programming, you could buy two, maybe even three sets of aftermarkets. I guarantee you one of the aftermarket companies will make replicas for the SLE trucks. Its too much of a cash cow not to. Especially after reading this thread. Lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...