Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Sorry, I was under the impression this only applies to the Sierra headlights that have the projector setup which I was thinking was the ones with the LED strips.

So that is good at least you can get the BCM update, still would require Chris to reprogram the BCM though to handle the SLT headlights. Then the only bad is if there is ever an update for the BCM it might over write the mod Chris does to get the SLT lights to work. then you would have to send the BCM back to him to get the SLT headlights to work again.

The SLE's have the projectors, just no LED accents.

Ok can someone please dumb this down for me. Do i need to ask my dealer about this bcm upgrade? If so how does this relate to adding the slt headlights to an sle? thanks!

It is for all sierras, SLE/SLT, only the all terrain SLE has the LED lights, no other SLE's have them

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone modified the SLE lights yet? I'm thinking of baking mine and fitting some led strips in the spaces where the SLT has led bars. Maybe cutting the plastic out of that area and modding in some type led setup there if I can find the some lights with good design shape for that application.

Just get the new Anzo lights.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

we made a plug and play harness that will do all the work with out any programing needed, will move the DRL to the lower LED and at night move the power back to the headlight and turn on the 2 LED bars in the headlight.

will have pics up this week.

• Like 1

we made a plug and play harness that will do all the work with out any programing needed, will move the DRL to the lower LED and at night move the power back to the headlight and turn on the 2 LED bars in the headlight.

You should have a pretty good following if what speak of is true my son!

For the SLE trucks? If so, you will be worshiped by many! Lol

So, the headlights will be on with the LED's correct as the SLE uses the headlights as the DRL's?

No the headlight will be off in the day time the lower LED will become the DRL, that way you can run HID or some of the new LED's as headlight bulbs.

On a side note we will test it on my chevy 2500HD, wires are the same as the Sierra with out the LED headlight, when we post the pic and video, any one that has a truck with out the SLT and wants to do a right up on the install, get a hold of me and we can work out a deal.

Edited by 2SSRS
  • Like 2

Are the new Anzo's any good?

The new Anzo's are true plug and play. Plug in the harness. There's no wires to hook up. I've been talking with Josh from Anzo since last year about these lights. The only thing I don't like about them is the LED's are internally wired to the park lights so then for the LEDSs to come on, the headlights have to be on. I want the LED's to be DRL's so the only way for that to happen is to manually turn on the park lights and I don't like driving with my park lights on plus, it's a hassle to remember to have to turn them on every time you get in the truck. You would have to find the wire to the Anzo LED's and run a hot to ignition on source.

No the headlight will be off in the day time the lower LED will become the DRL, that way you can run HID or some of the new LED's as headlight bulbs.

On a side note we will test it on my chevy 2500HD, wires are the same as the Sierra with out the LED headlight, when we post the pic and video, any one that has a truck with out the SLT and wants to do a right up on the install, get a hold of me and we can work out a deal.

Ok just trying to get a better picture of this. What disables the DRL headlights from just a harness? Do you have an SLT light you've been working with? Tnx Edited by mafd2

Ok just trying to get a better picture of this. What disables the DRL headlights from just a harness? Do you have an SLT light you've been working with? Tnx

Yes we have the SLt headlights, have 10 sets here, we have headlights for cars that are not out as of today, dont want to let the cat out on what makes the headlight not come on in the day right now, but this is the harness we make fot the camaro that does the same thing for there HID headlights.

http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses/nonRS_to_RS/non-rs-to-rs-headlight-harness-2/

Yes we have the SLt headlights, have 10 sets here, we have headlights for cars that are not out as of today, dont want to let the cat out on what makes the headlight not come on in the day right now, but this is the harness we make fot the camaro that does the same thing for there HID headlights.

http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses/nonRS_to_RS/non-rs-to-rs-headlight-harness-2/

What are we talking about cost wise for the headlights and harness? I'm interested in doing the write up too.