Max trailering package

pj8556

Has anyone heard when this will be available to order?? my dealer can order the 6.2L now but still waiting on the Max trailer pkg.

Also, he tells me if you do the max trailer pkg it will negate 20" wheels, and you will get 18" which in the case of the A/T are butt ugly IMO, can anyone elaborate any more on this??

Thanks!

I don't really need the maximum tow package but I might get it anyway just to avoid having to get those damnable (IMO) oversized wheels that come with many desirable option packages on the higher end trim.

I tried ordering mine starting on the 19th. There was some confusion but after talking to GM and the dealer you can order the max trailering option right now but only with the 6.2l and the 6.2l only comes in the LTZ trim level and on the equivalent for GMC. You can not get the max trailer with a suspension package or Z71.

In time the option will available for the 5.3l engine in a month or less.

I don't understand why GM is making different things available at different times for these trucks? IMO this is a half ass roll out for these new trucks.

100% agree. If you are going to advertise that your truck now owns the market on towing with a trailering package and don't even offer till now, a month or two after the release of the truck, isn't that false advertising, or the very least a marketing blunder.

When I spoke to GM this is what I got. I talked to the guy and asked him look off the record whats your opinion on this. He told me the following. He first told me it didn't make sense to him, but from his past experience and what hes heard this is what he says whats happening.

He said the 5.3l came out first and has been on the lots. The Since the 6.2 is only available in the LTZ and its a new engine, they wanted to pump some of those first and make them available, then they will pick up the 5.3 and NHT in the next 2-4 weeks.

To me stupid, 5.3s are going to outsell anyways. Lets not even argue GMs decision to only put the 6.2 in the LTZ. But in order to get the NXT package in LTZ its almost a 50k truck, vs in an LT and 5.3 your going to get for 40k or less. Personally why spend 50k on a 1/2 ton if you want to tow 11-12k when 50k can get you a 3/4 ton for cheaper or a diesel for the same price.

GM has always made some nice stuff, their decisions on how they offer things, in particular their trucks has always been bottom of the barrel if you ask me. But then you wonder why ford keeps selling so much, and Ram is making huge in roads, as it seems they sell what people want, vs GM seems to take the attitude of buy what we want you buy.

People can nay say all they want, but I think GM grossly missed the boat on this redesign by not offering a Ecoboost like engine or a 1/2 diesel, as the competition is offering both. Due to CAFE standards and how the market is going the future is in these engines and GM is going to put themselves multiple years behind.

Ordered SLT 6.2, max tow with NZM 20" wheels today. Had to add Bose independently and will put 6 inch chrome tubular on at dealer. I am pumped!

please double check that you have NHT and NZM. i tried to order this and i couldn't make it work.

please double check that you have NHT and NZM. i tried to order this and i couldn't make it work.

According to the online order refrence guide, NHT and the 6.2 requires NZM 20" wheels. Have a look see in the link below. scroll down to NHT. The two notes in bold shall explain.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=14683&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

According to the online order refrence guide, NHT and the 6.2 requires NZM 20" wheels. Have a look see in the link below. scroll down to NHT. The two notes in bold shall explain.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=14683&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

That appears to be what I did. The only thing different was the RC7 20" all terrain blackwall tires.

• 2 months later...

On 10/22/13 my dealer told me the max trail pkg for the 5.3 is on

national constraint whatever that means in GM land. The system

accepted my order for a 2014 silverado 1500 with the pkg and then

a directive was sent to the dealer with the above statement.

Archived