Price paid?

It was at Dublin, CA GMC. It was heavily discounted with 2,000 consumer cash, 1,000 trade allowance on my 2000 Tahoe, 3,000 GMC IVC? discount, another 3,000 dealership discount and then their website accidentally had it listed for 1,000 less than the discounted price. Put $6,000 cash down and they lowered the price a little more when swaying me to finance through them instead of my bank. It's definitely "bare bones" with no leather or fancy dash board but that didn't bother me. I went there looking for a used GMC Sierra and the new truck ended up being around the same price. My suggestion to any new buyer is to be patient. I've seen some great deals that randomly come up at the same dealership on different models of the Sierra but they always sell within a few days.

Had a dealer who stated the same with wrong advertised pricing. Per what I read dealers must abide by advertised prices and not sell at a higher price even if the buyer did not see the asvertised lower price. They're trying to play it was a double dip incentive mistake. Anyone have knowledge or experience with California dealers playing the advertisement game?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that GM is giving 20% off select Silverado's, how much of that does the dealer have to contribute? If all GM, does dealer still have 15-20% off to give? I suspect not, as you can't get a new truck for 35-40% off.

Anybody know?

Pretty much all you get is the 20% off in these deals. The dealer may contribute a little extra but in my experience with these deals is that the price is the price.

Had a dealer who stated the same with wrong advertised pricing. Per what I read dealers must abide by advertised prices and not sell at a higher price even if the buyer did not see the asvertised lower price. They're trying to play it was a double dip incentive mistake. Anyone have knowledge or experience with California dealers playing the advertisement game?

This particular GMC dealer did give me the $1000 lower price off of the internet (after discussing it with his manager) but I've had a situation before where a Chevy dealer did not. The Chevy dealer about 1 year ago advertised one of their loaner Silverado trucks at a price that seemed obviously wrong. I shot down there as fast as I could but they immediately told me it was a mistake along with another family behind me and another customer calling on the phone who wanted the the same truck.

This particular GMC dealer did give me the $1000 lower price off of the internet (after discussing it with his manager) but I've had a situation before where a Chevy dealer did not. The Chevy dealer about 1 year ago advertised one of their loaner Silverado trucks at a price that seemed obviously wrong. I shot down there as fast as I could but they immediately told me it was a mistake along with another family behind me and another customer calling on the phone who wanted the the same truck.

CA civil code 11713.1 (e) goes over advertised prices and Section 260.04 of the DMV goes over mandated advertised pricing. In the end, the game comes down to an honest and obvious mistakes or a Bait and Switch ploy. Most people won't go to court and some dealers will settle with you ir in arbitation or tell you to hit the road.

I've been told by a dealer that many dealers are having an issue with advertised pricing mistakes and this dealer said twice a month. But in the same breath said, he (dealer manager) inputs the numbers himself. If dealers are having double dip rebate posting and the rebates have different names, they are inputting numbers themself, sounds like they are at fault for false advertising.

Example:

Msrp before offer $50,705

Dealer discount $3,000

Factory rebate $1,000

Net cost $46,705

Select model purchase cash $5,692

Factory reduction below msrp $3,861

Price after all offers $37,197

total value $13,553

Dealer is stating the dealer discount and factory rebate of $4000 was the double dip and the discount should only be the Select Model and Factory Reduction of $9553. So not $13,553 off, but $9553 off.

I live in San Diego County. Where are the deals on new Silverados??? I'm interested in a 2wd, crew cab, LT short bed. Nothing fancy. I'm even leaning toward the v6. The sticker on most of the ones I've found is around $42k. But the markdowns/incentives are minimal. It seems like an equivalent Ram or F150 could be purchased for very low $30s, or maybe even high $20s. I want a Silverado, but the pricing seems way above the competition. (Please, I'm not looking to start a brand debate...) Are there better deals coming???

From what I was told on Friday. Most parts of the country will see an additional $4,700.00 factory rebate on GM trucks starting on Tuesday May 16th. Not too hard to find 20% off deals when that kind of rebate is applied. I am not sure about CA though, they tend to do things differently out there. Hug a tree and keep it green brother..... Nancy Pelosi says YOU need to just get a good bicycle and smile a lot.

I live in San Diego County. Where are the deals on new Silverados??? I'm interested in a 2wd, crew cab, LT short bed. Nothing fancy. I'm even leaning toward the v6. The sticker on most of the ones I've found is around $42k. But the markdowns/incentives are minimal. It seems like an equivalent Ram or F150 could be purchased for very low $30s, or maybe even high $20s. I want a Silverado, but the pricing seems way above the competition. (Please, I'm not looking to start a brand debate...) Are there better deals coming???

I shopped Sierras and not Silverados, and I can tell you that all of the dealers from Chula Vista to Temecula would not budge below $500 under invoice, with the exception of one dealer who said he would do $1000 below invoice. I found this the same with dealer all around Los angeles and out to Bakersfield and around those areas. All I can recommend is either buy a truck with the discount tags (assuming you are not picky on color and features), or build the truck on Chevy's website and then tell the chat rep what you are looking for in your zip. They'll give 1 truck close to you (that could be 20 miles or 2000 miles.)

Ask for the dealer name and VIN. Then have them tell you two more truck ViNs and locations. Tell them you don't want to give them your email for them to give to the dealer so they can contact you. This way you won't be bkthered by the dealer or manufacturer and you can look on the dealer(s) websites for pricing deals. I did this search many, many times over months and months. Nothing ever popped up close to me, but I was also looking for a unicorn in these parts. Arizona, Oregon and some other states (West and East) follow CA emissons, but don't buy unless you seen the CA sticker under the hood.

I gave the chat rep a zip code knowing they could do a search surrounding that area by 500 miles (they can actually open the search to the nation) ex. A zip code from Portland, OR or Pheonix, AZ, or Stockton, CA.

Keep in mind the chat reps are merely marketing and know nothing about the vehicles....nothing.

After many attempts over a long period two unicorns finally appeared, one in Tucson, AZ or nearby and another just north of Oakland, CA. Basically the last two out of the manufacturer Mexico building.

Long story longer, buy locally and take their gouging, or shop smart and find a deal thousands below any San Diego dealer. With that said, you might still find a good deal in S.D., but you need to work to find it or get lucky.

Thanks for the advice...but WOW, why in the world should anybody have to go through that to just buy a basic mid-range pickup for a somewhat decent price...? I want a silverado/sierra, but frankly I don't want one THAT much. I keep reading stories about sales lagging last month for GM trucks. I don't know how that will improve when customers have to do double back flips through flaming hoops just to get a price that's competitive with the others.

It really depends on how picky (what options and color) you want and how much of a discount you want to find. In the end however, I have found S.D. to be a market that is not the best deal. I'm sure there are deals, but not like other places. You can find trucks on the lot with 10k off, but again, you need to be on it. I cannot remember if any of the local dealers have an option to get price updates via email. But even if they did, gauranteed there are plenty of other people proactively looking for that good deal. A couple reasons why it's hard to find a good price might be, S.D. is expensive and the vehicle pricing only matches how expensive it is to live here. Another reason are high volume dealers or a lack thereof. The high volume get bigger/more frequent select model discounts, etc. For example Laura GMC in Ohio, turns out hundreds of vehicles a month and gets GM kick backs for it. I would have bought from Laura, but they didn't have any CA emissions trucks.

It's not tonsay non-big volume dealers don't have deals. Good luck and it sounds like you'll be buying a Ford or Dodge.

So I had a 2015 1500 that I traded in and was upside 12k for a 2016 lifted 2500 Denali. At first the dealer offered me 30k and they ended up giving me 36,500 for my trade in. Also gave me a $2500 rebate and a $500 military credit. It was listed at 71k but I walked out out of there for 70k so I think I did good as they more or less ate a lot of my negative value. We have bought many vehicles from this dealership over the years. They have my old truck listed at 37,500 which they won't prob make anything on. I didn't really want black but I loved the truck. While I was back in finance I saw that they had marked the truck down to 53,000 from the 60,000 that was on the sticker before the dealer options plus the 8k they charged me for the lift ,gap and extended warranty. I got them to give me a credit towards the amp research power steps but taking off the useless factory steps.

Got my truck last Saturday.

2017 Sierra SLT with 6.2L, moonroof and Premium Plus Package for $45,974 out the door.

Plus they threw in a set of the all weather floor mats.

Seems like a good deal. What was MSRP?

Got my truck last Saturday.

2017 Sierra SLT with 6.2L, moonroof and Premium Plus Package for $45,974 out the door.

Plus they threw in a set of the all weather floor mats.

hell of a deal right there

Archived