Price paid?

18 % off MSRP seems low for a 12/ ton in this day and age ...

most get 20% or more

even the official GM tv ads say 20% off once in a while

I thought so too. After I walked out and a phone call later I got them to right at 21% off. I think I'll wait another day or two and see if they budge again

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2017 LT 2WD DBL Cab 5.3L MSRP $42,380*  Out the Door $ 31,500**

*(40,680 + Dealer installed accessories 2399.93 = 43,079.93).(since some of that's fluff(nitrogen$149) tinted front windows $100 excess, edge guard $ 100.00 excess, Door steps $300excess

** OTD 31,500 which included tax, tags, admin fee ecetera. I had $ 2500 gm card points. So that makes it 34,000 otd before points.

Contacted four dealers on monday. Shared anonymous quotes on wednesday. Got lowest quote (33,000 otd)Thursday on what I was originally looking for, a WT trimmed with same layout as what I got. Couldn't feel the love for black painted bumpers.

One of the dealers had quoted me high on both wt and the lt I bought but said he didn't want to let me ride over few hundred $'s(more like 800.00 actually). So took a shot at emailing 34k otd(quoted me $ 35,500(aprox) on an msrp $ 42,380. They emailed me back with' we accept your offer' So for 1000 more than best on homely wt I got much nicer optioned truck.

Its important to be prepared not to get a truck if its not a deal you can live with. These trucks are crazy expensive now. I been driving a '06 ext cab 5.3l wt trimmed ls package(crank windows get it). Bought it new in 01/07. This truck cost me double what that truck cost me new. 16k otd(26K aprox sticker)

Nice fit and finish, very quite, good power for 5.3L. Nice to have backup camera, pwr windows/locks remote start/key fob. Visibility not as good as '06 and ride height too high(ingress/egress poor) even though I'm 6'3"

gallery_178347_4829_422181.jpg

Now that I've received delivery, I can post a link. My truck was delivered to me and only had 76 miles on it when it arrived. Here is a link to the dealership I purchased from. I ended up getting 36.5% off the sticker.

http://www.holidayautogroup.com/details/Whitesboro-New-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-3GCPCREH1HG427963

Cost was $27,800 plus TTL.

What is PDA and Vehicle Exchange Bonus. ..

It's a numbers game for sure. They can put any sticker price, then discount that to be a good deal. We will never know what they actually cost to build.

:happysad:

Now that I've received delivery, I can post a link. My truck was delivered to me and only had 76 miles on it when it arrived. Here is a link to the dealership I purchased from. I ended up getting 36.5% off the sticker.

http://www.holidayautogroup.com/details/Whitesboro-New-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-3GCPCREH1HG427963

Cost was $27,800 plus TTL.

What is PDA and Vehicle Exchange Bonus. ..

I'm not exactly sure what PDA stands for, but it's a factory rebate. The Vehicle Exchange Bonus requires that you own a Chevrolet in your household that is year 1999 or above. I had a 2004 Avalanche that I traded, so I got this bonus. However, it sounded to me like it wasn't required to be traded, but only that you own a Chevrolet in your household to get the discount. A Chevrolet Loyalty discount per say. Also, the price of $27,800 had 17" wheels instead of the 20"s. Sticker was $43,785 on a Black Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab V6. No bed liner, no step bars, no heated seats, but it does have an awesome backup camera.

To be completely honest, I was in the game for a new truck. I wanted warranties, etc. Was tired of fighting state inspections and things going wrong in the Avalanche. I didn't care if it was a Ram, Ford, Chevy, Toyota or a Nissan, didn't care what engine, didn't care what color (to an extent, didn't want red or white and preferred dark interior). I would have been fine with a Colorado or Canyon or even a Jeep Wrangler had the discount ratio been in line with these Silverados, but they weren't. Why buy a Colorado WT for $26,000 when you can get a Silverado LT for $27,800? I live in Dallas, TX, don't need 4WD. I'm not someone who will tow hardly anything, but I like having a truck bed for the few times I can use it, so the V6 works for me. I simply went with the best deal I could find. This dealership was it. I live in Dallas and this dealership was 60 miles away, but they delivered and picked my old truck up for free. Negotiated my Avalanche trade in value over the phone and they were very reasonable and similar to the other 5 dealerships in town that quoted me on it after looking at it. I thought their offer was fair. What I do know is that I called two dealerships (Ford and Young Chevrolet) after I received my quote of $27,800 from Holiday and told them that if they could do better that I would go through them, long story short, they wouldn't even match Holiday's price. Young Chevrolet said, "We're the cheapest in town, $31,000." And Ford was actually in the hunt on a Crew Cab XLT 2.7 ecoboost, but still a little higher.

Ended up going with the Chevrolet and couldn't be happier with the truck, just rolled it over 500 miles yesterday. Getting 26MPG on the highway. I've done extensive research on these trucks, and mine does not shake at all like some have mentioned and the AFM runs flawlessly. I don't even notice it is there, however, I'll still deactivate it when the warranties expire. The only thing that I do notice is that it does jerk forward a little at low speeds when braking and the transmission is switching from 2nd to 1st. Apparently it's a common problem with the 2017s. I'm not a bells and whistles kind of guy, so I'm perfectly content with the black cloth interior. The backup camera is absolutely great! In time, I will add a bed liner and some step bars.

All in all, I'm not sure where the deal ranks among the deals in vehicle buying. However, I am happy with the purchase, my payment and the truck. I did want to give everyone a little bit of context though regarding the factors that went into my decision. If anyone is the in the market to buy and is in a similar situation to me, I would highly recommend the guys at Holiday Chevrolet in Whitesboro, TX.

joejoe,

You got a good deal. I don't blame you for going with the V-6. I own several 1500 in my business with the old v-6('09,'11,'12). the new one is head and shoulders above the old one and ranks right up there with some v-8's.

I use mine for my small business and like you never need 4wd. I load mine heavy at times so went with v-8..

I really wanted the 6.2/8spd in 2wd but I was told no longer available at least couldn't find one. I

I completely understand Hangtime! I honestly would have preferred the 5.3 and LTZ trim with leather seats and such, just didn't want it enough to pay for it. Congrats on the new truck though! Buying a new truck is one of the best feelings in life! Hope it continues to run great for ya for the next 20 years!

Well I traded in my 2015 Silverado crew cab LT today for a 2017 Sierra SLT Z71, only got 18% off MSRP ($51935 down to $42200) but they offered me $32500 for my trade and let me keep my fold-a-cover tonneau cover and my assist steps whereas the Chevy dealer was offering me a 17 LT for the same price and wouldn't budge on the trade at $28k with everything on it. So I got an SLT with more options than the LT but saved an extra $5000 or so on the trade in which brought me close to my sweet spot enough for me to pull the trigger

12 hours ago, 71sbeetle said:

Well I traded in my 2015 Silverado crew cab LT today for a 2017 Sierra SLT Z71, only got 18% off MSRP ($51935 down to $42200) but they offered me $32500 for my trade and let me keep my fold-a-cover tonneau cover and my assist steps whereas the Chevy dealer was offering me a 17 LT for the same price and wouldn't budge on the trade at $28k with everything on it. So I got an SLT with more options than the LT but saved an extra $5000 or so on the trade in which brought me close to my sweet spot enough for me to pull the trigger

Can't beat that!  Isn't it the best feeling walking away from a deal and finding a way better one after.  Send pics when you get a chance!

Also, you were able to get a trade of $32,500 on your 2015 LT?  I'm just curious because I bought a 2017 LT recently for $27,800.  Kind of raises the question as to if I can get $32,000 for it in two years if I shouldn't trade it then and get another new vehicle!

18 minutes ago, joejoe11 said:

Can't beat that!  Isn't it the best feeling walking away from a deal and finding a way better one after.  Send pics when you get a chance!

Also, you were able to get a trade of $32,500 on your 2015 LT?  I'm just curious because I bought a 2017 LT recently for $27,800.  Kind of raises the question as to if I can get $32,000 for it in two years if I shouldn't trade it then and get another new vehicle!

Yes it was pretty nice, they offered $31000 at first but the numbers didn't work, I knew I had perfect credit but I didn't want to run my credit yet, they kept saying I can only qualify for 3.99, I called a credit Union I did business with in the past they said I should be able to qualify for their best rate at 2.9, suddenly the dealer offered me 2.9 lol, and then he looked at the trade finally and ended up giving me $32500. I ended up putting $1000 down to keep my payments where I wanted. I paid $36.5k for my 2015 2 years ago so not too bad of a deal for me lol. The two LTs they had on their lot and the one on their sister Chevrolet lot were $29k to $32k neither one had as many options as mine either, not sure how they're going to price mine out but it'll be close to a brand new one!

20171012_202343.thumb.jpg.05d49b73caf7bcd8c0adcda4f58212a5.jpg

Archived