Price paid?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, 71sbeetle said:

I'm confused right now, the dealer gave me $32,500 on my trade, and now it's on their lot for $28700 as certified pre-owned!

The way the dealer records sales is not related to the sales deal you got ...

If they list your trade for sale less than your recorded deal, then they show the difference on their paperwork that the truck that you bought was recorded as sold as less than you actually paid ...

makes for their used sales to work better and shows less profit on the new sale

can be confusing but as long as the trade and sales numbers are in proportion, really makes no difference

1 hour ago, Cosmic Charlie said:

The way the dealer records sales is not related to the sales deal you got ...

If they list your trade for sale less than your recorded deal, then they show the difference on their paperwork that the truck that you bought was recorded as sold as less than you actually paid ...

makes for their used sales to work better and shows less profit on the new sale

can be confusing but as long as the trade and sales numbers are in proportion, really makes no difference

Oh, wow, interesting! I worked at a new car dealer for several years I've never seen any trade ins that were sold later as used on our lot for less than what we paid for on trade!
Funny thing is, all their used 2015 Silverado are 2WD with not many if any options and they're in the $30k range (I think they have 3 right now, they only had 1 when I got my truck) and they have a lot more miles

Someone's going to get a great deal on a low miles CPO loaded 15 Silverado lol

11 hours ago, Doobs41378 said:

If you financed with them they could also be getting kickbacks from that to help offset the loss on your truck.

Mystery solved! My friend actually went with the intention of buying it for the website advertised price of $28700, it wasn't until after they sat down that they told him price was a typo and should be $38700! And of course they updated the website lol

I've seen other dealers do it in CA. While there are laws in CA about false advertising, I believe they get around it by saying, "oops, we made an error." Basically bait and switch tactics they know they cannot be held accountable for if they play the dumb dumd role. I'm sure there are honest mistakes out there, but I'm also certain dealers are taking advantage of things.

• 3 weeks later...

2017 Sierra Double Cab SLT Z71 w/ premium package in Summit white. MSRP $49,255, out the door for $35,166. No trade ins and no finance through dealer (even though they insisted) .Had some very minor hail damage but doesn't bother me as it's hardly noticeable. Discount worth it.

I moved here from Australia, so first time buying a GMC truck. Picking it up tomorrow 

1 hour ago, alexbrugs said:

2017 Sierra Double Cab SLT Z71 w/ premium package in Summit white. MSRP $49,255, out the door for $35,166. No trade ins and no finance through dealer (even though they insisted) .Had some very minor hail damage but doesn't bother me as it's hardly noticeable. Discount worth it.

I moved here from Australia, so first time buying a GMC truck. Picking it up tomorrow 

wow you did excellent ! cheers mate

I paid $18,500 CASH for a 2016 Sierra Denali, every option plus, crimson tint coat, Coca interior crew cab.  With 3200 miles full warranty and sold as GM new, 3 years free onstar and XM with traffic and nav. 

It was another like $1900 in taxes, taps, ect.....

So I was given $50K to get a  truck and with this I had a GOOD amount to do as I like. So I was crazy and did everything I could think of. May be fair to say I will spend more in "parts" that I paid for the truck. But I'm having a blast. 

Remember different area codes have different deals and It isn't what you know but who you know! GM lease cars/trucks are overflowing lots and GM high ups get below coast deals. 

• 2 weeks later...

New member here:

looking at a 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ, in summit white and everything except chrome wheels and sunroof. This is the first purchase order i was sent by my local dealer here in Miami! asked if they had any wiggle room and they said that’s as low as they’ll go. 

86E7EB08-841C-4543-BB24-E5BC009C10D3.jpeg

New member here:
looking at a 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ, in summit white and everything except chrome wheels and sunroof. This is the first purchase order i was sent by my local dealer here in Miami! asked if they had any wiggle room and they said that’s as low as they’ll go. 

86E7EB08-841C-4543-BB24-E5BC009C10D3.thumb.jpeg.2dec049e35d60c91d15a0bce38614fc6.jpeg
Looks nice, 20" wheels would look nicer though. Looks like a nice dealership too, how's the staff there?

https://www.auto.com/cars/chevrolet-silverado_1500-ltz-2017-3gcuksecxhg449610

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, XSKIER said:

Looks nice, 20" wheels would look nicer though. Looks like a nice dealership too, how's the staff there?

https://www.auto.com/cars/chevrolet-silverado_1500-ltz-2017-3gcuksecxhg449610

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To be honest it’s miami, so no one is nice there! This is the first purchase order through online contact. I went into the dealership to try and talk to someone, but everyone was busy and i couldn’t wait hours to just get a price. I still think there is more to be taken off the price, but looking for other people’s advice here.

Archived