Price paid?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Fhptrooper said:

To be honest it’s miami, so no one is nice there! This is the first purchase order through online contact. I went into the dealership to try and talk to someone, but everyone was busy and i couldn’t wait hours to just get a price. I still think there is more to be taken off the price, but looking for other people’s advice here.

Dealer fees = ?

Even with all the add ins such as the lead battery fee and other jokes, not a bad deal at all. Can we assume this is mew and not a demo or fleet rental with a few miles on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least they're honest in stating the costs are profit to the dealer (although probably a required disclaimer), but they need to be figured in for what they are. I will sell you an identical truck for $1.35 provided you also pay my costs.

12 minutes ago, duquephart said:

At least they're honest in stating the costs are profit to the dealer (although probably a required disclaimer), but they need to be figured in for what they are. I will sell you an identical truck for $1.35 provided you also pay my costs.

This is the best price I’ve found anywhere. They won’t budge on the price. Just offered 45k and I’d pick it up tomorrow and they said no.

3 minutes ago, Fhptrooper said:

I’ve heard if you buy at employee discount the fees are only 75$

I would very much doubt that. And ----- "employee discount" is just marketing BS if not a solid scam, a savvy negotiator has no problem beating "supplier pricing", "costco pricing", etc. It's the bottom line out the door that matters.

1 minute ago, duquephart said:

I would very much doubt that. And ----- "employee discount" is just marketing BS if not a solid scam, a savvy negotiator has no problem beating "supplier pricing", "costco pricing", etc. It's the bottom line out the door that matters.

i agree

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

No i totally as i have in hand the invoice sheet of what employee pricing is and everything...

It's what winds up on the purchase agreement in the business office that counts --- everything else is smoke and mirrors. The way dealers get away with the bogus fees is by adding them in on the final paperwork as though they are legit and to be expected ("Oh that ------- that's just the xyz fee that everyone pays"). "What dealer fees will I be expected to pay" should be about the third question asked in any situation. Then, those fees should be subtracted from the price.

Archived