Leaving Kit - Dealer Installed?

All the leveling kits basically do the exact same thing. The bottom block kit and the top spacer accomplish the same thing, they make the suspension think the shock/ strut is longer. The Bilstein moves the spring perch higher on the shock body. All have the same exact effect on the front suspension. If you took the shock/ strut out of the equation and substituted a solid rod in it's place, it wouldn't make a difference if you added length to the top, middle or bottom. Think about it.

Correct.

It doesn't matter where or how you add the height. It is going to increase your angles, no matter what. Every single leveling kit on the market, does the exact same thing. I would opt for a 4 inch true suspension lift from BDS, Rancho, or CST before I would install a leveling kit.

I work at a chevy dealer, and have installed several leveling kits, and mounted the tires up for customers. Labor is depending on which route is chosen, if its the rough country bottom spacer, I charge 1.5hrs labor plus the alignment. I go by what the estimated install time is on the lift companies website, so if it says 2 hours, that is what I will charge you to put it on, plus the alignment.

that sounds fair....but what you charge /hr is probably NOT! lol

My dealer charges like $980 for a levelling kit, installed, on New trucks. I installed the same kit, (Readylift) which has spacers on bottom and top, in about 1.5hrs on my driveway. The kit cost was $75 used.

Its highway robbery. I also checked with my dealer before installing, They said warrantee will not be effected. And I did not align after. Tires still wear normal, steering is same as factory, (castor is not affected)

Only change I've noticed is minimally more binding when turning full lock in 4wd on pavement or grippy surfaces.

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived